World Cup 2022 Discussion

Disastrous refereeing in the Belgium vs. Canada match. 2 more penalties should’ve been given for Canada but the incompetence of the ref and his team (incl. VAR room) led to no pens, thus harming Canada.

I don’t think Belgium deserved to win.

2 Likes

Yes, Belgium were luckers. Canada surprised me very positively. If only Davies had his nerves better under control and scored it. also Eustaqio was great as well. Yet, if Belgium played some of their breaks cleaner it could have been 4-0 as well. Morocco, was a disappointment today.

2 Likes

Nothing short of disgusting how the VAR is being used as selective tool to influence games. Well fought Ghana.

2 Likes

God that MLS ref is so bad. Not sure how he made it to the World Cup.

Our fantasy league is fun, three people share first place after matchday one!

2 Likes

Mateu Lahoz is already bribed, with richness from Spain alone, he is willing to refuse Qatari money, interesting occurrences.

1 Like

2 late Iran goals today was a shock. Fair play to them though. It makes our England win look better but I’m not getting carried away. Now for England vs USA. Let’s see what happens! Haha

Montiel and Acuña make the starting XI for Argentina, Papu on the bench. Tecatito still eating tapas.

2 Likes

From what we have seen in our squad, I think the speed and hard work from Acuña and Montiel will be hard to control if you’re Mexico. But we’ll have to wait and see… I don’t want to see Argentina go home, as much as I love Mexico and would normally be thrilled for Mexico to make it through over the Saudi and Poland sides…

1 Like

So it seems Acuña has made a miraculous recovery from his injury and can last 96 mins for Argentina.
:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s called patriotism if you’re Argentinian and betrayal of you’re from Sevilla. I’m personally ok with players caring about important competitions more than unimportant competitions. For me it’s like getting mad at a player who tries not to get injured against Torremolinos because the next week they play a Champions League match. Totally reasonable. I suppose for a team like Sevilla with plenty of internationals, we will hopefully see a post world cup boost.

For playera like Acuña and Papu where this is probably it, I don’t have any issues with it.

1 Like

Anyone got news on Bono? He was listed in the starting lineup, but he’s not on the pitch.

The commentators here are confused about what happened, they thought he was on the pitch and made a save. Apparently Morocco sent a tweet out and Bono was replaced a couple of minutes before kick-off.
:man_shrugging:

edit
[It’s a stomach bug]

1 Like

Whew. A stomach bug won’t keep him on the bench long. Thanks!

1 Like

The commentators are talking about how En-Nesyri is naturally left footed… I had to roll my eyes. I can’t remember the last time I saw YEN do something with either foot that qualifies as “natural” :joy:

2 Likes

Let’s say they won but it wasn’t due to him being there. I saw one control onto his chest, which jumped about 10 meters away from him. Nothing related to a ball is natural to him. Go do athletics Youssef. Good for Morocco tho and for the group it gets really interesting.

Rumours of us rescinding contracts of many and supposedly an offer from Almeria for the return of their young star from the past Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre, I don’t know how Almeria is gonna cough up 8m for him at this point but it’s a miracle we need to accept.

1 Like

Sorry @Edinho for Canada’s elimination, they deserved more vs. Belgium but got robbed, then Belgium screwed up against Morocco as a pathetic NT that they are.

4 Likes

I’m hearing that the medics gave Bono injections for a hip injury and it provoked a case of the shits during the national anthem, had to run, just an inconvenience.

1 Like

Well, stomach issues aren’t huge, but what about the hip injury?

1 Like