Winter 2023 Transfer Thread

Thankful that Reine-Adelaide didn’t go through. He showed glimpses of quality at Arsenal but didn’t have many chances to display them so went back to France before suffering serious injuries to both his knees. Even a loan for him in this do-or-die season is risky, not to mention a purchase clause.

Would take Gil back in an instant, should’ve never let him go but Spurs dangled Lamela which fit the team’s needs at that time. Guy’s development has been stunted and may never reach full potential but he can still craft chances and was starting to show he can survive in the Prem. It’s just that Spurs are in danger of not making the Champions League places so Conte needed Danjuma.

Just 5-6 days left in the window and still many holes left in the team. I really want Januzaj and/or Suso to be shipped off, more so about not having to see them than saving cash. I guess the board want to play it safe so it’ll be loans and free agents. I read that Florian Thauvin just got his contract terminted by Tigres, he’s not world class by any means but has a goalscoring touch when he was in scorching form for 3 seasons at Marseille. He also got to work with Sampaoli a bit in his last season though it was under Sampaoli that he was allowed to leave for Mexico in the first place, still he is 29 and has mid-season fitness so shouldn’t take too long for him to see the pitch if he came.

And yes I read through his whole profile as almost nobody is linked to Sevilla right now.

2 Likes

What happened to Gattoni
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yesterday read that he’s “standing by”. Nothing too promising though…

2 Likes

5-6 days to go… still nothing. Sampaoli is complaining about the lack of transfers, overall it’s not looking good.

3 Likes

What a mess.

Glen Kamara of Rangers is the latest rumor - loan with a 7.5 million signing option.

3 Likes

Bryan Gil has agreed personal terms apparently. Don’t know how true it is.

We desperately need new signings. Just bringing in Bade and Ocampos coming back isn’t good enough.

2 Likes

What do we think about possibly getting Bryan Gil?

We’re in such a tough spot, I saw an article mentioning that out of the top clubs in Europe, Sevilla lost the most value from covid, followed by ManU. It’s going to be tough to get that value back. We desperately need younger players too

9 Likes

It was a mix of poor management + an idiotic coach that contributed to the loss of value.

We’ll need a serious and proper managing for 2-3 seasons in a row to get back on track.

3 Likes

Some of our aging contracts end at the end of next season (Rakitic, Papu, Navas, Fernando, Lamela, Ocampos, and Torres).

Assuming the first four are done and replaced with capable younger players, that value will increase. I think that report was based on Transfermarkt’s total market value. Considering we lost two players that combined were worth $100 million, it makes sense that we would be one of the tops…especially because we haven’t replaced them.

2 Likes

The kind of player we need — young, vibrant and forward-thinking. He’s someone who will feed the striker. Especially now that Sampaoli expressed his interest in him.

I’m curious how the deal will turn out, cause it’s being said Spurs want a €20M obligation to buy in the summer (perhaps to save face from losing in the exchange). So maybe the plan is to drag it out to either lower that figure, or simply keep the loan as an ‘option’ to buy.

Also, welcome to the boards @Packman !! :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

that’s what I read…pushing for an option, not mandatory. Who freaking knows in this new transfer market.

3 Likes

I also think it is very funny that Isco still hasn’t been signed. I hope he’s frozen out haha.

4 Likes

Thanks! I lived in southern Spain for two years back in 2016 and a good chunk of that in Dos Hermanas and other places near Sevilla, and have really grown to love that country

4 Likes

Delaney close to signing for Hoffenheim.

3 Likes

Augustinsson loan with Aston Villa has been terminated and he will go to Mallorca on loan.

5 Likes

Birmingham or Majorca. :sweat_smile: Can’t say he will be too sad about that, I know I wouldn’t be.

2 Likes

Once rumored target Brereton Diaz has full agreement to join Villarreal in June as a free agent.

Ounhai is on the verge of joining Marseille for 10m.

Either the board are fully confident this aging team can accomplish wonders or Sevilla can’t attract squat anymore.

3 Likes

Delaney to Hoffenheim seems almost like a done deal. A loan with no option to buy… hopefully Hoffenheim pays 100% of his wages.

If we don’t get a new midfielder to replace him I just don’t know anymore…

1 Like

The replacement is Pape Gueye according to Fabrizio… Loan with no buy option.

3 Likes