Winter 2023 Transfer Thread

Gattoni is still on, ‘apparently’. ED says he hasn’t trained and has packed his bags according to the ex president.

Jose Campaña had an exemplary performance yesterday and is still a possible late surprise.

Also Pape Gueye as Chris has said.

Between the known and unknown there’s still a chance of surprises in the next 48 hours.

2 Likes

Pape Gueye a loan WITHOUT buying option. That’s sad… talk about proper management.

3 Likes

I really hate these loan without a buying option deals… especially since the Martial saga - it didn’t help us at all. I get that Gueye is a decent midfielder and could help us a lot in the remaining months this season, but there should’ve been a purchase option, just in case - especially since it’s a direct replacement to Delaney and he’ll have a buying option with Hoffenheim.

In overall, something is still better than nothing.

2 Likes

Fabrizio says no buying option, then I read this:

El futbolista, que llegará, tal y como ha podido saber ElDesmarque, cedido con una opción de compra a final de temporada, termina contrato con el club francés en 2024 y desde que Sampaoli dejase la entidad ha perdido todo el protagonismo que acumuló con el entrenador argentino.

???

2 Likes

Yea there’s conflicting reports whether there’s an option or not. I saw somewhere that the 15m option was too much, so they made it a simple loan for now. I guess we’ll find out when it’s finalized. Also, we could always negotiate in the summer, so it’s no big deal. Let’s just hope they don’t find anything in the medical tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

Also about Bryan Gil, apparently Spurs are being stubborn and not letting him leave. There’s still time in the window, so it’s probably a tactic.

3 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

It seems that Bryan Gil will be the one without a buying option instead. Gueye will have the option, although it is still being discussed and we could easily end with 2 loanees without purchase options at the end.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Jokingly of course :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I wish we could get a loan-to-buy option for Gil

5 Likes

At the moment Gil, Gueye and Gattoni in whether an option to buy or not will do me. We need to concentrate on this season right now, and not worry about 2023/24 until we definitely know we will be in La Liga.

5 Likes

As it seems, we’ll most likely buy Gattoni and leave him on loan at San Lorenzo until the end of the season and get him here in June.

We’re probably not going to sign another CB this window, and Gueye was signed to cover for Fernando and/or Gudelj who can then cover at CB if needed.

3 Likes

Same here. Priority is this season and making sure we get out of trouble. If that means brining in a player or two on loan even without a buy option to improve things then so be it. Worry about building properly for next season when we know our La Liga status is secured.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Ideally both Gil and Gueye should have purchase options included, but if I had to choose it should be for Gil to have that option because he was developed in our cantera and has that Sevilla DNA in him.

Still something better than nothing though, hopefully he’ll be a good addition to the team and help us stay alive first and why not even qualify for Europe if things go very well until the end.

As Edi mentioned - we could always negotiate a contract in the summer and if the players pressure their clubs then things could change in our favor.

4 Likes

Zaniolo? Or just a silly rumor from Italy…

3 Likes

I don’t know. Just reading how he has been trying to force a move. The ultras are pissed and showed up to his house after the last match and the player had to call the police.

2 Likes

Zaniolo the player would be incredible for our midfield.

Zaniolo the person leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like
2 Likes
6 Likes