Winter 2023 Transfer Thread

huh… so late in the window will we have time to use any money that might be coming back?

if we actually got 20m euros would be hard to turn that down. but id bet it ends up lower than that if it actually happens.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the same. They must know how desperate we are. But at the same time, they kinda owe us after we had to babysit Kasper.

1 Like

Best thing for him at this point, hopefully Ligue1 is better for him than EPL.

My worry is that the €20 million goes straight into the bank rather than to help bolster the team.

Aboubakar is being linked to Besikstas, who else can Monchi get in this late in the window? Being dependent on Mir or Ocampos up front is a daunting prospect in fending off relegation

4 Likes

I would be sad to see En-Nesyri go, his consigning may not be good but I do really like him. Incredibly useful off the ball, good in the air, and seems to love the club. Remember after that 2020/2021 season, he could have gone for a big money move but he said he wanted to stay. If he does end up leaving, I really hope he enjoys a good career.

6 Likes

Unless we have someone lined up to replace him (looking unlikely?) I’d want him to stay. Can’t really afford to lose a forward in our current situation. Need all the support we can get.

3 Likes

I hear you Aduk, but if we could get 17m euros for him… wouldnt we have to do that? and not risk even lower/no offers over the summer? im not saying i WANT us to do it, but from everything we’ve heard about club finances, wouldnt we have to do it?

1 Like

I’m afraid not. You have to sacrifice financially in order to save the season, can’t thin out the team like that. There’s no gain without sacrifice and in this case it has to be money. They messed it up this summer and by keeping Lope too long, now they want to fix it by leaving the team with only 1 pure striker for the rest of the season?

Can’t happen… shouldn’t happen, at all costs!

3 Likes

Yeah i get that but still not sure i agree…

maybe because i really dont think we’re getting relegated (knock on wood) and i dont think that YEN being on the team or not will have a major impact on where we finish… but i do understand that it adds slightly more risk (and going down would be CATASTROPHIC). Still, there’s also financial risk of keeping him.

2 Likes

I think that is exactly what the club is thinking. I think it was Brian that reported rumours about 8mill. to spend this january. So the financial restoration has begun and 17mill. for Yen would fit perfectly in that plan. They will put a fraction of that into Monchis pockets to find someone new - if any at all.

Monchi will have to work for more signings like Badé - he wasn’t that expensive was he? But he is looking like a real decent signing with potentiel for future profits.

2 Likes

Not sure the future costs but just on loan right now. No real news leaked about the financials that I can recall.

1 Like

Reports were saying around 12m euros option to buy.

Exactly this, cause we don’t get the strikers involved enough anyhow. We just need someone fresh up there, and that can linkup play. It’s a major reason why our attacks quickly become so stale.

3 Likes

I actually still really rate YEN (and Rafa Mir!!!). Our issue has always been we are so wooden when it comes to creating chances.

3 Likes

Few reports out tah Sevilla is really close to sign french midfielder Adelaide from Lyon, loan with 12m purchase option in the summer. This is 25 year old midfielder, I don’t know much about him. His market value has been delining since 2020, from 25m to 10m, not very optimistic fact. He has problems with injuries in the past…

7 Likes

Reine-Adélaïde seems to be official, even if he’s not great he’s a Sampaoli pick and extra cover in a midfield that desperately needs variety. Like Jakob says, please, we don’t need no injury victim.

3 Likes

Done Loan with option to buy.

Sounds just about right for Sevilla. Let’s see how many games he lasts.
“spent the first half of last season injured with his second anterior cruciate ligament injury. The 24-year-old, who had injured the other knee two years before, had been considering an early retirement”.

2 Likes

The other signing of today is Federico Gettoni from San Lorenzo. Centre back, worth 4.5m. So two transfers in one day out of nowhere, good day for us.

7 Likes

Believe it or not, I signed Reine-Adélaïde in a fifa career mode three years ago…

2 Likes

Another who will not be match fit, due to the Argentina league schedule

4 Likes

With Reine-Adelaide and Gattoni coming in that means someone from the 25 will have to piss off or be deregistered as we currently have 24/25 Squad spots filled.

Please be Januzaj! :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

6 Likes

Januzaj didn’t train with squad today, so possibly because of the transfer and also Delaney is close to Besiktas as I heard.

4 Likes