Winter 2023 Transfer Thread

Pedro Ortiz on loan to Portuguese first division FC Vizela

2 Likes

Hopefully a sign we are priming Ortiz for a shot at the first team next season rather than letting him stagnate in limbo between being too good for fourth tier SAT, and not quite there yet to be in the main squad.

5 Likes

Pleased with this.

Ocampos may not be perfect but we need all the quality we can muster right now to get out of this mess and he should give us something more going forward.

Experienced central defender and a centre mid still needed for me and yeah a striker but I’m pushing my luck there probably…

4 Likes

Center mid is a huge request IMO. We need someone that can pick his head up, spot the run and pick a pass.

4 Likes

Alexander Djiku is being proposed as a target for that center back position. His contract expires in six months, but there has reportedly been an offer of 1 million euros for him

4 Likes

More on this here. He’s been a target of ours for a while now and at 28 years old has experience behind him. We could do worse and personally I’d welcome him with open arms in our current situation.

3 Likes

Read this morning on the ED site that Monchi has less than 8m euros to spend. Prob why the offer is so low for Djiku.
He was counting on the sale of Yen to boost the coffers.

Edit
Strasbourg have refused the offer of 1m and asked for2m. Monchi is now looking through the bargain bin :unamused:

4 Likes

Reports from France said we had the offer of €2M rejected for Djiku last Sunday. Strasbourg would rather keep him to fight against relegation, unless we at least doubled that amount. I guess we’ll prolly just wait till the summer.

We also got linked with Malang Sarr as an alternate, as Chelsea might terminate his loan at Monaco. From what i seen, the Monaco fans would gladly see the back of him so that wouldn’t bode well for us. :joy:

3 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

has experience behind him

To be honest, ‘experience’ is the only team our grandpa team is not lacking, haha.

3 Likes

We’ve never seen Ocampos with Sampaoli as manager. And the fact that he’s had time to reflect on his football and increase his desire to play … we might see a new Ocampos.

3 Likes

One thing we know about Ocampos is when he’s on it you won’t see a player putting himself about on the pitch like him. Let’s hope we see that Lucas and not last season’s version.

4 Likes

Says it all !

1 Like

Monchi ‘Just give me 20c towards a coffee Sampi’
Sampaoli ‘Feck off’

1 Like

Cadiz could be the destination of one of our older players? we’ll know Monday.

1 Like

Navas or Raki?

1 Like

Current or former?

I don’t see Navas or Rakitic going anywhere unless Cadiz is actually paying money which I doubt. Both of their contracts expire in June 2024 I think. So many contracts ending that year.

1 Like

Possibly Januzaj…he was on the verge of signing with them in the summer.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t hate that. The man doesn’t even seem to be on our team.

1 Like

En-Nesyri on his way to Nice?

3 Likes