Winter 2022 Sevilla Transfer Rumours

It’s good for Spanish football as a whole that Sevilla and Bėtis are going strong. The country and football deserves to be known as a lot more than just Madrid vs Barcelona.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: M4: Sevilla FC vs FC Barcelona [21/22]

It works for everyone involved. We’d have a potential answer to Vinicius, Martial could regain his form to solidify his place in the France squad and/or get a move in the summer, with Utd getting more value then.

But if wages weren’t an issue, why not make him permanent?

4 Likes

I guess if we loan him Man Utd would have to still pay a % of his wages. I doubt we’d pay them all.

2 Likes

Honestly I’d love to have Martial at the club I think when he’s really on his game he’s very dynamic and dangerous up top

6 Likes

More and more “confirmations” coming in about Martial. I’m almost starting to believe it.

Can’t wait to see, more quality and speed upfront. And towards march april when everybody is fit. Our squad will be so scary it will be awesome. Maybe we might even play better football :grimacing:

5 Likes

The Don has spoken! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Man Utd will have to accept they will have to pay some of his wages regardless of who tries to loan him. Even if they sold him they might end up having to pay part of his his wages over the duration of his contract of his new club.

4 Likes

What?! Does that actually happen? A club will still pay a player’s wages after they’ve transferred them? For a loan i could understand. But if it’s a permanent deal, they should be off that club’s books, no?

4 Likes

Yes it does happen if the club want a player off their books but teams aren’t willing to match the players wages, sometimes the selling club will still have to pay part of their wages even after they no longer play for them.

2 Likes

That’s wild! But some of these Prem wages are too crazy. I expect some kind of leverage for us since it’s supposedly Martial’s “preferred” destination. I’m still not ruling this out to be classic agent talk to get other teams interested. I’m getting Morata vibes from this transfer, where his wages were just too high, and he eventually went to Atlético.

4 Likes

Saw an article linking him (Martial) to Juventus this afternoon.

1 Like

Martial could be included into a transfer for Kounde, would be interesting.

2 Likes

Kounde is a crucial part of our defense. Take him out and it will be difficult to find a proper replacement in the current market, especially in January. We could be left with defensive trouble, the line of the field that has kept us from falling apart and from which we are trying to build a strong foundation from. Atletico didn’t sell Godin or Miranda until they became a fearsome force in Europe and won La Liga - stabilized as a team with strong defensive foundation.

Kounde will inevitably leave in the summer, but the difference between the January window (1 month, limited choices) is a whole different ordeal compared to the 3 month long summer window where you can plan more carefully.

If we don’t get an equivalent of Kounde, the defense could crumble. The way that guy reads the game, leads the defense and contributes to the center and right side of it is immense. Letting him go in January without the adequate replacement (adequate ≠ experimental camouflage like in the case of Banega) would be a fatal mistake.

I’d say if we don’t have the right replacement planned, leave some more room for planning and keep him at all costs until the summer window of 2022.

Martial could be a good addition, although he is lately a shadow of his former self. The guy still has a lot of potential and could possibly shine here. He’ll be able to cover the left wing too, or play as a second striker alongside Mir or YEN if we ever decide to play 4-4-2. I can see them combining well together. However, sacrificing the defense for an unproven addition in attack is stupid at this point. Martial should be signed or loaned in (with an option to buy ideally or it wouldn’t make much sense) separately.

6 Likes

If we can’t get Martial then Darwin Machis should be the immediate second option. The guy is on fire and was a key player in last night’s Granada win over Atletico contributing with the first goal (a GOLAZO!).

5 Likes

Only been saying this for 924 years.

3 Likes

Machis’ goal yesterday was great! Love that player.

I also like Granada’s striker, Luis Suarez. He seems to always find great space.

2 Likes

Still annoys me they stitched Zaragoza up the other year by not allowing Luis Suarez to play for them in the promotion play offs.

Steven Bergwijn is rumored too.

3 Likes

Again? Isn’t he ANOTHER Right Winger though?

1 Like