Winter 2022 Sevilla Transfer Rumours

May be a bit early but the rumors are already popping up.

We are linked with a Lenglet comeback, which I really do not like as I never rated him at all. Plus there is a reason he lost the starter place for Barca and was part of Barca’s regular thrashings in the CL, never contributed anything meaningful there either.

The one I like most so far is the Tchouameni (Monaco) rumor. He might be our missing piece of puzzle in the midfield as he’s a very energetic box-to-box midfielder who can also score and I think he’d fit nicely in Lope’s tactics as one of the CM’s.

Tecacito is also heavily linked with us and hopefully he’ll be a Sevilla player come January.

DC is linked with a move to PSG in the summer, that’s still too far away and things might change until then. I don’t actually believe that rumor because he is quite happy here and will probably remain here until the end of his contract or at least closer to that.

4 Likes

Cannot see us selling both Kounde and DC either. One maybe but not both.

2 Likes

English teams after Nesyri still, especially Arsenal. Lacazette has been named towards us.

2 Likes

This is the pumpkin beer version of a football thread. :wink:

See if anyone gets the reference.

1 Like

As a player yes, for his wages… No.

1 Like

Oof, are we really talking about the winter window!? I’ve barely recovered from the late drama during the summer haha

Here are my thoughts on the rumors so far:

• I’d be surprised if En-Nesyri leaves. He stated publicly that he wants to stay in Sevilla. I’d be really surprised if he left for Arsenal…
  • Lenglet would be strange. Any idea what the financials would look like? Something tells me he’d be too expensive for what we’d be getting.
  • I don’t know anything about Tchouameni, but “energetic box-to-box midfielder who can score” has be excited :joy:
  • Tecacito would be wonderful as well. I really thought he’d be joining us this summer. I hope we just ran out of time, and there weren’t other complications.
  • I’d be surprised if Diego Carlos leaves. If he does, we’d need to prioritize keeping Kounde for the time being. I’d hate to go into next season without either of them on our back line.
3 Likes

I would be incredibly excited if Tecacito came to Sevilla. I wouldn’t mind if YEN left, as long as we bring someone in with speed and footwork (like Ben Yedder).

6 Likes

I can’t see him going until the summer, but I hope that he doesn’t. He seems to be improving.

3 Likes

Tchouameni is freaking awesome. If we could somehow get this guy in January… or even next summer, that would be immense!!!

He’s a Kante/Makelele/Lasana Diarra in the making, I love these type of players and it would be amazing for us to have one.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if YEN left, but I’d be surprised if he did.

2 Likes

We’re linked to Asensio again, but for next summer.

Also a weird rumor is that Arsenal wants YEN in January and is willing to give 45 million Euros plus Lacazette to make that happen. Why would we want to do that though? Doesn’t sound like a good deal for us so they can propagate all they want.

3 Likes

Asensios shooting, and cleverness and baldness to just shoot and the ease of his execution is something I’m jealous of. Would like to see that for sure. Its another natural right winger tho. Altho I think he’s decent on the left or even central. Are we looking to replace Ocampos as well? Not sure how he got teams interested in him but from the PL, I think it was Everton to replace James Rodriguez. Liverpool and Wolves from before? I don’t know. But I don’t mind him leaving either.

2 Likes

If it’s 45 plus Lacazette I would take it man. Is he a problematic case you think? Lacazette his finishing is of higher level. But Youssef has that extra thing, the extra effort, the extra jump, he goes for those things others maybe wouldn’t. But straight up finishing Lacazette has some real tight ones.

4 Likes

I’m just worried that we’ll stick to Rafa Mir and Lacazette if YEN leaves in that case scenario. That means we’ll be weaker in the strikers department because YEN is better than Mir and Lacazette combined. Mir still has to prove himself but no strong signals so far, especially in nerve-wracking matches where we need a decent striker most.

If we lose YEN then we need to replace him with a high quality striker imo.

2 Likes

I think Lacazette is fine, but you also still have those 45m to get your striker that you want: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche/30766851
Darwin Nunez maybe haha. Or just bomb it on the table for Sadiq? Still a risk imo. We shouldn’t go higher than 20m for him.

4 Likes

This. €20m is a fair price.

2 Likes

The other striker we are considering during the Africa Cup absence of Youssef apparently rumoured to be on Monchis radar, Patrick Schick again, Lacazette or Shomurodov from Roma.

1 Like

I think playing a two striker set up is great, with Rafa and Sadiq, you will make defenses struggle if your game plan is crosses mostly from the wingbacks.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some news from several sources I’ve never heard of linking us to Ben Brereton of Blackburn Rovers. 22 years of age and 10 goals and 1 assist in 11 games this year. Also a Chile international.

2 Likes

Ben Brereton Diaz. :wink:

Guy was just minding his business playing in the Championship, then some people in Chile noticed on Football Manager that he came up as half Chilean and told their football association (his Mum is from Chile), and now he plays for their national team. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes