UCL MD5: Sevilla FC v Chelsea FC [20/21]

Does Bono/Vaclik make that save? Or was that just a killer header?

Another good goal from Chelsea. Nothing we would have liked to see happened. Not looking promising but I guess the result is the same. We move on.

Only with luck. Well taken I thought.

2 Likes

11 goals in 12 starts or something. Wouldn´t discredit it.

2 Likes

We better win against Real Madrid or what was the point of this bullshit performance?

2 Likes

I’m referencing this season.

Giroud is like LdJ, but mobile, and knows how to score.

Gomez’s last game as a Sevilla player tonight folks. Thanks for your service.

1 Like

Alfonso probably wishes he was tucked up in bed with that scoreline.

If they had given that PK Sevilla should just walk off.

2 Likes

Yup terrible game. Only can hope we can do better vs Real and wish this performance has some impact on the squad. If not? it is doomed.

I won´t be able to watch the Madrid game, maybe for the better maybe for the worse who knows. Only positive is Real has been a vulnerable hot mess too, lets see if thats the opponent we like.

3 Likes

So I should be glad I was stuck working? :laughing:

4 Likes

100%.

saves you a headache and burning eyes.

1 Like

That, yes.

1 Like

If we were going to play such a terrible lineup and not try to win the match, why not play the academy guys?

4 Likes

Not sure we want to destroy them before they ever make the first team in fairness. :sweat_smile: Poor keeper tonight is probably going to be a nervous wreck.

Lope praising Chelsea as if it’s out of this world. Well, it’s him making Chelsea play like a king.

Useless passes just to play for a draw backfires as always.

1 Like

Shameful performance from the B team, as well as from all the first team players in both halves whenever they were fielded. It’s not Lope’s fault. He wanted to see what the B team is made of, as this is the perfect opportunity to do so and Chelsea did more or less the same by resting key players such as: Zouma, Kante, Werner, Mount, Chilwell etc. And it turns out, our B team is made of shit.

We have below average players like Rekik (who luckily for him but unluckily for us is playing regularly lately, he’s crap), Sergi Gomez and Mudo and a lot of average players like Diego Carlos (him and Gomez were schooled like little kids by Giroud), Rakitic and Gudelj. I’ll cut a slack only for Idrissi who is still new to the team, Oscar who really tried and was all over the pitch, YEN for not having anyone to provide for him, Navas was not on proper element tonight and it’s very logical as he’s playing every 3-4 days at 35 years old - and of course, the poor young goalie who made some interesting saves and didn’t perform bad in overall, in fact none of the goals were his fault, rather it was our pathetic defense and defensive midfield.

This game tonight showed that we’re still a team of clowns, who claim to be professional footballers - therefore not a serious team, and Chelsea showed that they were. Their B team got out there and won with character, knowing clearly what they had to do, not messing around and getting the very deserved first place - hats off to them, they outclassed us tonight. Beside the what… 10-15 mins in the first half that we strung some passes together, we haven’t shown anything throughout the match - the players were bloodless and totally uninspired. I can understand the first team players thinking about RM, but what the hell did the rest have to think about when they’re clearly not playing against RM? Pathetic bastards.

Anyway, I hope this won’t ever be repeated again this season, not even in CDR at any cost and that this is just a one-off anomaly or accident however you want to call it.

What I will say is this - if I see Rekik in the lineup vs. RM and not Vidal, I won’t watch the game. We may win 10-0 but I won’t watch it simply, it’s an offense to the intelligence of a supporter that knows a thing or two about football to have the below average Rekik feature at a very demanding position like that, it’s purely nonsense and pathetic and has to be avoided like plague. I hope Lope won’t disappoint!

Also, we won’t make it to the quarters if we don’t sign another full back in January, even if Acuna will be fit by then. Rekik clearly doesn’t work at LB and day by day Kounde is showing signs that he doesn’t work well at RB. So Navas, Acuna and another full back who can play both sides, as I don’t expect Escudero to fully recover quickly, it may take 2-3 months before he’s mentally ready to play again at 100%, because those elbow and arm breaks are not a joke.

3 Likes

Oh and one more thing, usually coaches get fired for such results at this stage with a team claiming to be one of the best Sevilla’s ever. But I won’t blame Lope for this humiliation tonight, again, I think he was simply let down by the pathetic players that can’t perform at all.

Lesson learned, no more heavy stupid rotations, it’s not worth it with the current players and we should go all in for the rest of the season, except maybe in CDR for which we shouldn’t care. Go all in in La Liga, there’s not much hope in CL but go all in there too.

2 Likes

I don’t blame Lopetegui either. He wanted the first team to be rested for Madrid which is understandable, except we simply don’t have the squad depth to be doing that. This was an embarrassing result, and I hope we can at least get at least two backup players in January, especially at right back. Kounde is class at center back, but certainly not at right back.

1 Like