UCL MD2: VfL Wolfsburg v Sevilla FC [21/22]

No way thats a penalty, It’s not even the duel for the ball. Got me worried a bit tho. Different nights. we know the story.

WTF
Come on Mir!

It’s clear we’re up against a force in their stadium, and the referee agrees.

Haha Arnold, turning around quick walking into Mir, signaling the ref again to screw him. Loser.

2 Likes

Good lord what a bunch of actors we are playing today.

Ha, the danish commentator said it: ‘It’s a terrible football game this’. Both teams satisfied with a point maybe? Or none of them just haven’t found the rythm at all

1 Like

Where was Suso aiming at?

2 Likes

Can’t disagree, looks like anything but good football. For 1 minute it looked like we tried, but then Suso shot into heaven.

1 Like

Rafa Mir is big tho, let’s give it too him.

1 Like

So… what have I missed? How have we played

Suso has played like shit and Mir is too aggressive. Had some chances, not capitalized on anything. I wouldn’t say overall bad though.

4 Likes

Loads of errors, misunderstandings, risky passes and fouls. In possesion we are slightly better, and try to set up something on either wing but mostly unsuccesful combinations, or cross attempts leading to corners (think we got 6)

3 Likes

You haven’t missed much. Both teams being cautious, but Wolfsburg’s allowing us to get forward. It’s pretty cagey.

Also welcome @tay_van_holland !

3 Likes

Agree on Mir, needs to learn a lot behavior wise. What you can and can’t. But he’s still on the field, so I applaud. Is that a red card jinx?

3 Likes

When this CL Group was made I remember Edinho, I think, writing ‘what in the Europa League is this’, but this game up until now in addition to the previous game looks more like conference league level to be honest.

1 Like

I think there was one time, I wanted Papu, to make the run inwards, when he got the ball on the right side with some space to run into the box and pass or threaten, but he just passed back to Jordan.

Rafa has a lot of work to do to restore the confidence I had in him.
This is not painting a pretty picture.

I doubt the changes will solve the problem.

2 Likes

Rekik was warming up for Acuña again. I don’t buy the language thing for Augustinsson, surely if that was an issue it would have been dealt with before he signed?! :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m sure things will open up in the 2nd half. It’s just gonna require patience.

4 Likes

Is Lope coaching Wolfsburg too?

Bring on Lamela and Oscar in the second half, spice it up a bit ffs. Are we trying to get the first 3 points or not?

On the other hand, there’s signs of incompetent refereeing in yet another CL group match. Acuna’s leg was almost broken and not even a foul called…?!

We’re a bit better than Wolfsburg in overall but we need to score, and there’s not much creativity with this lineup for that. Suso has been terrible, he’s not even bench material this season. I’m not sure he’ll step his game up soon, so needs to be benched and prove his worth in less serious games.

3 Likes