UCL MD2: VfL Wolfsburg v Sevilla FC [21/22]

That part. Call it good coaching.

2 Likes

Ye also coz there is no argument to be said to bring in Suso as a substitute. You’re not getting the extra energy nor spirit from that one. So if you plan on using him, better do it first half. At the same time, its alleviating Lamela, yet also pressuring Lamela. He can deal with that, but still. I’m not a fan of over pushing it on Erik.

5 Likes

Do we see Munir today?

2 Likes

Nah, maybe on Sunday. I’m sure Ivan is considered before him anyway.

3 Likes

Probably a couple of times, when the camera zooms in on the bench :wink:

6 Likes

Who? :eyes:

4 Likes

Lope went to great lengths in a press round to explain ‘People seem to think that I start with the strongest 11, it’s not the case’

Someone had asked why not start Lamela

5 Likes

In one part I agree with this, especially in some cases, depending on the fitness or lack of it and substitutes. The game is won at the end, but there’s a whole lot of time to get into trouble if you don’t start well. Which is why an attitude of we fix things later isn’t always great. I don’t mind Suso playing 45, if I see him playing like its his 90. So we atleast ignite our engine from the start. That’s all i’m asking.

4 Likes

I’ve always said that. Quote ‘If the other buggers score first, the plan goes out the window’

5 Likes

A yellow already? I hope the ref doesn’t get reckless

3 Likes

Bulgarian refs I think I heard. Big stage for them.

2 Likes

I think Mike Tyson said “Everybody’s got a plan until they get punched in the face.” I love that one

3 Likes

Another deserved card. Dirty elbow.

3 Likes

Damn he even stood ontop of Acuna’s face

2 Likes

Seems like we are getting away with some things though no?

1 Like

That ball spoil was already far out, and the touch very light. I agree there with the ref.

First real chance, Terrible strike from Wolfsburg… Should have been a good goal opportunity.

Good counter on the left side, finally a good break through, Mir at the end for the tap in getting the third corner.

You can see we’re missing YEN. We’re taking the game to them now though.

Loved seeing the Sevilla fan with the “Fuerza La Palma” shirt

4 Likes