UCL MD2: VfL Wolfsburg v Sevilla FC [21/22]

A typical Sevilla away performance of what we seen this season. Solid performance at the back and keeping the ball well. However, very uninspiring going forward and just not enough quality or drive in the final third.

We need to do more going forward if we want to win this and keep alert defensively and not a make a daft mistake. I would definitely take Suso off for lamela and maybe get Oscar/Oliver or montiel on for more pace and craft.

We were the better team in that half as we had more shots and more on target but we still capable of better and I hope we see it 2nd half. Big halftime team talk for lopetegui and hope he makes the right changes.

6 Likes

That’s quite bad yeah. Unless he was trying to go with a 3 at the back like vs. Valencia or similar, otherwise it doesn’t make sense. Augustinsson needs playing time and I think he’s decent enough to perform at this level, otherwise why buy him at all?

I still think an approach like vs. Valencia would’ve won us the game in the first half. Wolfsburg are decent, but nothing great at all.

2 Likes

Rafa is the only real striker we have tonight and he gets a stupid yellow out of the blue.

@tay_van_holland … welcome amigo. What a great name. Is Tay a first name?

3 Likes

I didn’t expect much from Wolfsburg, if they were slightly better we would have been in trouble. Its kinda nasty to think about. And yet here we are, still in some sort of trouble.

2 Likes

I think we look really ragged and without ideas and plan. I’m not confident by any measure.

1 Like

Isn’t that all part of the Lope plan? So we are not down, and will put our strongest players in now to try and win? All good guys :grin: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Trust the progress

6 Likes

Ocampos trying to screw the right back this time. Well 1-1 I guess.

1 Like

There you go. Unlucky clutch, and your behind.

1 Like

This doesn’t have a name.

1 Like

Bad defending by us. Damn!

1 Like

I hope the ignition works boys, let’s start it

2 Likes

Well there you go. :frowning:

3 Likes

Oh dear. Not a good start to the half at all

2 Likes

Love how I get the notification 45 seconds before I see what happens.

2 Likes

It’s just so damn frustrating to witness

3 Likes

Now Wolfsburg becomes a nasty team, van Bommel will show you how to block plays, drag time and everything, Removing any type of flow from the game.

2 Likes

Tay or Taylor is fine! Thank you!

4 Likes

Long way to go but we have to improve quick and make some changes.

2 Likes