UCL MD1: Sevilla vs Red Bull Salzburg

We are a bunch of clowns out there. Unbelievable! lol

4 Likes

Haha can we blame this on VAR? If the linesman would have just flagged him offside Yen wouldn’t have had the opportunity to be an idiot

3 Likes

Yep

Papu never really seemed into it today either.

I’m down to take the loss on this one. Absolute shame on the highest level of football.

2 Likes

Guys please hit up themonchismenpodcast.com and drop us some lines on your thoughts about the game. Podcast will come out on Sunday so you have plenty of time.

This is painful to watch!

2 Likes

26000 Sevillistas back many of which have been waiting a year and a half to cheer for their team and this was the effort given by their team? I’d be pissed if I was a fan in the stands.

2 Likes

Great run by Lamela!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be bloody ironic if LDJ has a cracking evening for Barcelona tonight?

3 Likes

Fantastic skills by lamela. He really makes a difference to us. Lope you simply have to start him next game.

4 Likes

Yeah Lamela doing work, to bite off something here. Instead of sit and die.

1 Like

What a chance for Mir!

Very disappointing starting line-up selection by Lope, lacking ambition for the crucial match to kick off this season’s CL.
Feel sorry for Lamela to have to come on only when Sevilla went down to 10 and into largely containing mode. Suso had done nothing to deserve the starting place at the expense of Erik.

Rafa Mir has been underwhelming so far at Sevilla, not fully switched on and wasteful with the chances he had.

3 Likes

For a red card there has to be a VAR

Playing better now despite 10 men with the changes. Great ball from acuna and unlucky by Lamela.

1 Like

This 2nd half surely shows to lope that his better players were left on the bench. I hope these guys start the next game. The old traditional lineup from last season needs changing up more.

3 Likes

Well… what have I missed?

This ref is hell bent on booking only Sevilla players while letting Salzburg players off for very similar fouls - no wonder the likes of Navas and Delaney are getting very frustrated here.

3 Likes

When does he ever?

1 Like