UCL MD1: Sevilla vs Red Bull Salzburg

I think Suso has to come off.

Will Lope go defensive or offensive?

2 Likes

Or abandon Lope altogether
 either one or another, there’s no in between.

2 Likes

After all I ended up catching some vague streams and some help from my gf. And honestly, why are we not 0-3 down is a miracle. It should have been. Nesyri his penalty was such a lucky one to get. And all of ours were stupid rightful penalties. Let’s ffs do something with this luck tonight. We should have lost already

1 Like

Suso and Jordan should never have started, ever. Rakitic is still ok, but I think the starting midfield trio should be: Oscar - Fernando - Delaney. The earlier Lope starts this trio and cements them in the starting lineup, the better. It might be too late to do it a couple of months from now.

2 Likes

Not remotely normal but I think it was a function of the referee more than Sevilla, the ref appears to be in orbit around a different planet.

1 Like

The ref is disastrous
 but the culprit is Lopetegui, his genius starting lineup and cowardly tactics.

JesĂșs Navas his two hand push was beyond stupid.
Bono his charge as well. All fair penalties, only to blame ourselves and not the ref. Really.

Carlos his one, if he blows it, if it’s on the line it’s in. So really. We just asked for it.

2 Likes

There’s simply too much to choose from the bench and too many combinations that could work, it’s really lazy, stupid and a sign of inferiority complex to start with this lineup tonight.

The bench players that should’ve started, any of the following would’ve been better options that the ones that started tonight: Ocampos, Lamela, Oscar, Delaney.

The ref is to be blamed for giving them easy fouls outside the penalty box, not so much for the penalties. Although I have a feeling the slight breeze push of Navas wouldn’t be given in La Liga, but the referee from a total antifootball country like Belarus thinks differently.

1 Like

Delaney and Ocampos seem to be the changes.
Sun out here but still raining in Nervion at 2 km away.

2 Likes

Welcome back ocampos!

3 Likes

Bono saves us there, seems like Salzburg have come out to attack.

1 Like

I agree, the Navas one was stupid. But again, I would never call that a foul. I assume it’s because it looked harder than it was, but in my world that is never a foul.

The Diego Carlos: 100% sure it was in the box? It makes it more difficult because it happened off the ground, but if you are not 100% it should never be a penalty.

But f*** it. We shouldn’t even be discussing it actually. The defence has been terrible and it’s our own fault

1 Like

Why are you fucking diving when on a yellow card?

1 Like

And just like that the stupidity continues. Utter, utter stupid

2 Likes

I know we shouldnt be discussing the penalties in the first place. But it’s not even a shoulder push. It’s literally Navas saying fck off I can push someone with two hands in the box and walk away. If it was out of play or whatever. But the play was still going. Really bad. Navas this season hurts to watch.

2 Likes

Sooooo stupid from YEN

2 Likes

Good lord.

2 Likes

So where do we go from here? Play for the draw?

2 Likes

YEN off for second yellow, but the offside should have saved him, referee wouldn’t accept the claim. It’s looking like a setup.

4 Likes