Thoughts on Sevilla's Title Chances

Yeah I have mixed emotions on it. As it improves our title chances and makes the run in exciting. However, I really don’t like Barca and this really just sets up the title on a plate for them really.

Still you never know they could slip up. This is sport and football even though it’s unl.

3 Likes

All eyes on Granada now!

3 Likes

Bilbao defending better than my team did today in the dying seconds at least. :unamused:

3 Likes

Granada, remember, Barca is still part of ESL along with RM. Take points off of them and save football :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

If Granada or Valencia get something against Barca we really can dream a bit. As they all will have slipped up then and if we beat bilbao then it sets up a super weekend of excitement when we all play.

All 4 teams could have a shot a first place when we all play.

Overall this result is great for the excitement and our season keeps getting better. Yes it helps Barca the most but we are only 3 points off first place. 3 points at this stage is very exciting.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t expect Atletico to lose tonight. A draw would’ve been ideal, but oh well!

The bad thing is that it increases the morale of Bilbao after 2 CDR final loses and now they still hope for 5-6-7th places.

1 Like

How great is it that “little old Sevilla /s” is in a true battle with the big boys!!! I’m new here so I have no room to gloat in any way. It just feels good that Sevilla (who doesn’t get the same respect) is neck and neck.

4 Likes

I get all giddy when I look at the table. It’s so crazy like an outer body experience! We have earned it and we can just enjoy the ride with zero pressure. The pressure is on the other so called super league clubs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey @Bucksandreds - I’ve seen you often comment Sevilla, they, that club, this club… you’re here now and supporting Sevilla - you’re one of ours. It is your club, it is our club - so next time I’d like you to say WE will do such and such, understood? VAMOS!

4 Likes

Imagine where we would be if we didn’t have those two stupid spells of about 3 or 4 losses back to back in October and then February.

2 Likes

Well we all dreamed of been in an exciting title race again and we got it in the most unusual circumstances.

The last time we were in a la liga race for title at this point was 2006-2007 season with Juande Ramos. When we took to last day. This season though we look like we will have more points than that season. Exciting times.

2 Likes

:persevere:

1 Like

They robbed us off back then, hopefully it won’t happen again.

3 Likes

I agree I remember that season. We were top after first half of season. Then we know what happened with the refs and authorities giving many dodgy decisions against us.

That’s why it’s so hard to win it. Not only are we fighting giants clubs with star players being Real Madrid and Barca and very good at Atletico but also the officials. If we ever win it one day we deserve more than just the trophy to be honest.

3 Likes

Don’t want to curse it but I had money on Sevilla to Win La Liga that season, just like I do this season. :smiley:

4 Likes

If you pull it off you deserve to be knighted sir haha! Also the good luck charm. To be fair you always believed we had chance to win the league this season even when we were more points behind haha

3 Likes

Man Atletico really did just bottle the league title

6 Likes

Hard to call it anything other than a collapse by Atleti. But hey WE :wink: have a legit shot at our second La Liga ever. The odds may be long but they’re better than they’ve been in 90 + % of seasons. Those guys out there are leaving it all on the field. Mad respect to this club regardless of how the next 5 games go.

5 Likes

True that. Madrid obviously is a big test but I’m sure we can beat them

2 Likes

Well they have to drop points somewhere. Atletico has to be aggravated to atleast defeat Barcelona, and give it all, thats part 1. Then part 2: we need Barcelona to atleast draw, one more. Valencia and Celta have had their number multiple times. So it’s possible.

We go undefeated and its the most legendary title run to pull it off. Let’s not wake up yet, keep dreaming!

4 Likes