Thoughts on Sevilla's Title Chances

Six points off of first place. 8 games to go. Can Sevilla do the unthinkable and win the league title for the first time in about seven decades?

In my opinion, we have a very small chance of winning the league, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t hope for the miraculous

4 Likes

I agree. It’s definitely unlikely that we can win, but not impossible. The catchphrase of Sevilla, Nunca se Rinde - Never Surrender. Now is the greatest chance we’ve had in years, and I think we should take our chances. Only six points behind, this is very do-able. Again, this entire season will come down to matchday 35. All four teams against each other. It is crucial that we win that game, maybe hope for a draw in the other, or, if Atletico Madrid keep dropping points, a win for Atletico to rid Barcelona of all three. Again, it seems unlikely at this stage, but never impossible. Nunca se Rinde!

5 Likes

How great would it be if Rakitic and Suarez finish ahead of Barcelona in the table? haha

Stole that from this thread.

3 Likes

I gave us a 1% chance. :sweat_smile:

I could only hope we even make it till then. It would make it interesting for sure.

4 Likes

Let’s aim at third place first

2 Likes

I could have been more happier if we won the Copa del Rey this season. It just slipped away from our hands thanks to Lope’s ill-fated defensive mentality.

4th place isn’t any good from the previous season. We could have been capable of challenging the league title, if we hadn’t lost so many easy points—loosing against both Eibar and Elche was unacceptable.

We need to step up in transfer game in order to level up. A world class striker is a must—We score 4 goals and none of them belongs to our strikers. That sums it up.

6 Likes

Yeah that was a first class throw.

1 Like

The most imporatant match for title chances will be next week against Real Sociedad, we can’t drop points here. But as already said, we can play without any pressure, our goal top 4 is already achived.

3 Likes

Here is schedule for the remaining of the season

4 Likes

Villareal, Athletic and Granada will play a big role

1 Like

Let us win the match or don’t get out of the stadium :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be the only choice, and even then it depends on the top 3 so it’s very very improbable but never impossible.

1 Like

We are going to do it boys. Sevilla for the La Liga crown!!! :prince:t4:

3 Likes

We in a great position. Top 4 secured and we the closest we ever been to top place in la liga in a very long time at this stage in the season. I don’t think we will win it but I see us finishing well and not being far away. We could even sneak third if one of the big 3 collapses in the run in.

Whatever happens we set up great for next season to try push on with hopefully with a packed and rocking sanchez pizjuan again.

1 Like

With this team, Alaves, Valencia and Levante are where we would probably lose points haha.

3 Likes

I agree that week 35 will be interesting, and also hope we’re still part of the equation.

Hypothetically, if results go our way (cough) we could, theoretically, leapfrog from 4th place to 1st place at some point (most possible is week 35) and then lose 1st place and back to 4th during any of the final 3 games. (although our last 3 games are certainly factible)

It’s verrrry difficult but verrrry verrrry interesting too.

If our Province lockdown is lifted on May 9th I’ll be off to the coast, this year of lockdowns has really broken my head, soul and body.

8 Likes

Imagine if they allowed some fans back for the finale and we were in the title equation. There would be epic scenes and atmosphere in the Sanchez pizjuan. I doubt either happens but who knows.

5 Likes

If fans were allowed back it would benefit Sevilla, Madrid have major renovations in their stadium and couldn’t play there.

5 Likes

Maybe but I was actually more looking about it in the 4 man’s race, coz all of them will be playing 3 of the top contenders. They all could be major roadblockers.

4 Likes

Let’s just have the boys play their hearts out and see where we are in about eight weeks times. Never say never, no matter how unlikely it is

6 Likes

I tried to check my cash out on my Sevilla to win La Liga bet but it won’t give me a price now. It was down to about 42p the other week.

2 Likes