Thoughts on Sevilla's Title Chances

Hopefully they’ll play with more intensity vs. Barca, but I don’t have much hope after seeing them tonight… we totally annihilated them.

3 Likes

5* games left for us.

3 Likes

Atletico losing 1-0

3 Likes

Atleti losing to Bilbao

2 Likes

Don’t forget Barca have played 1 game less than any other contenders

4 Likes

Yeah it’s looking good for them to be honest. Typical after all the fiasco they had they gonna come out of it smelling of bloody roses with a league and cup double.

4 Likes

Could be a Perez-Laporta deal as RM and Barca are still not out of the ESL officially. Barca winning the title (consequently the ‘double’ as they won the CDR too) under the new president would keep them at the ‘superclub’ level and would probably be enough to convince Messi to stay as well. RM can still win the CL so they won’t care too much if they don’t win the title this season, but for Barca it is do or die - a lot to lose if they don’t win the title.

3 Likes

I agree and we know how corrupt la liga is. So many times when Barca and Real Madrid need to win it they do. They get all the help they need. I mean they don’t need it but they still get it anyway.

Just like the end of our match. The soft penalty and the fiasco at end. As we becoming more of a threat just like atletico they will look to screw us both over for the run in.

2 Likes

Mate there is no way there would ever be a deal between RM and Barca. You say a lot of crazy stuff on here but trust me, that would never happen. I think Florentino would rather go bankrupt than ever do a deal with the enemy.

2 Likes

I can see us finishing 2nd looking at the run in for all 4 sides. That weekend where all 4 are playing each other could be huge. Obviously depends on the remaining game tonight and Barcelona’s game in hand. But we’ve managed to close the gap down considerably over the last few weeks. Could be our best chance yet.

4 Likes

Think again about that Jim. Perez is a pure top notch businessman, he’s more passionate about business and money than football. While it will never be officially known whether there was a deal under the table or not, I think there could be one with how things are unfolding. Now, would Perez in any other season would like to win La Liga? Sure!

But this season is different for many reasons, and one huge reason is the ESL. Do you not see anything weird in the sense that only Barca is supporting Perez’s initiative out of all other La Liga clubs, at least contractually? There’s definitely something there and it smells fishy. Even Atletico Madrid opted out and Barca is still in it, supporting the ESL… the ‘Mes Que un Club’ pathetic bullshitters.

I don’t think RM dropping 4 points in 3 matches is something natural, in any other season there would be at least 1-2 penalties to make things up, or disallowed goals, blatant referee decisions etc. Now they’re suddenly too quiet and call it ‘bad luck’… that’s not RM’s style.

3 Likes

Perez is also a huge Madridista. Wouldn’t happen.

3 Likes

Atletico draw level. Huge goal for them.

1 Like

Winner from athletic. Wow!!!

3 Likes

Now Bilbao lead again. 5 mins to play.

4 Likes

2-1 to Bilbao, Barca win la liga

3 Likes

Wow! Bullet header! Simeone stunned.

2 Likes

You may very well be correct, but this is sports. Each team remaining has 15-18 points to lose or win and we’re looking at 3 points between first and 4th. I’d agree Barca is the favorite but any of the top 4 get 3 points in each of there remaining games and they’re the odds on favorite to hoist the trophy imo. I wish Sevilla still had Barca to play and not Real, though.

3 Likes

A draw would have been better for us but either way, 4 points off the first place if Barca beats Granada on Thursday (as expected).

1 Like

As it stands.

1 Like