Thoughts on Sevilla's Title Chances

The big 3 aren’t playing nice unfortunately. All winning. It would be typical to go on a great run to finish and still end up 4th. I’m not bothered about final position though as we can’t control their results.

I just hope we can break our record points total of 76.

3 Likes

Still 6 games to go.

2 Likes

No surprises tonight. Hoping for some good news during the weekend.

3 Likes

I’m new to Sevilla FC but 6 points out and 6 games to go is starting to get tight. Sevilla just needs to concentrate on controlling what they can and let the chips fall where they may. Atletico isn’t going to win out, Real Madrid is still on Sevilla’s schedule. The odds may not be high but there have been crazier comebacks than this. This weekend has some interesting matchups and a lot can change in just a few days.

5 Likes

You are correct. However, I cannot remember the last time sevilla finished above Barca or Real Madrid in la liga. Plus we need to many results to go our way. That’s why I don’t see it happening but it’s great we even in the conversation. Atletico and Barca both have the title in their hands but of course there may be a twist or 2 to come.

6 Likes

A draw this weekend guarantees champions league football next season as we’ve already beaten Sociedad twice

7 Likes

:poop: do us a favour. Draw at Real Madrid. At least 3rd spot is more realistic now. :poop: have a good record against Real Madrid over the years.

5 Likes

RM dropping points in 2 out of 3 last matches… wow!

They might have as well lost the title chance with tonight’s draw vs :poop:

5 Likes

Tomorrow night’s game is a MUST win for us now… no excuses!

3 Likes

Just not let Barca get it, thats all im asking for. Go go go yellow submarine! :pray:

5 Likes

There could be an ‘agreement’ for Barca to win the title as Laporta is in charge now. This would be a ‘thank you’ gesture to Barca from Uncle Perez for their ESL support. Atletico went out so they won’t get RFEF’s love anymore… perhaps!

Let’s wait and see how things unfold.

2 Likes

I hope Atletico win it if we are unable too. It seems Atletico have got their act together a bit now so they still favourites to win it at present.

5 Likes

3 points tomorrow and one of Barca and Atleti drop points and I’ll really believe. Real is pretty much out of the race now (barring a miracle) and Sevilla now moved from 4th best to 3rd best odds imo. If tomorrow is a good day then Sevilla’s odds can get even better.

4 Likes

Real Madrid (and the refs) always play their best against us. Not holding my breath until then.

5 Likes

Come on Bilbao! Atletico dropping points tonight will surely make things much more interesting for the title race.

4 Likes

Atlético have to play Barca soon and we have to play Real Madrid. Same weekend.

Barcelona v Atlético Madrid, Saturday 8th May. Real Madrid v Sevilla, Sunday 9th May. Big big weekend.

2 Likes

Be nice if Granada take a point at least at Barca this week.

3 Likes

While it would be good. It would probably just make it a cakewalk for Barca to win it unfortunately.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. Atleti down early!!

3 Likes

It would be awesome. Sadly with the refs completely on Barca side for the run in against anyone not Real Madrid it’s gonna be difficult to see them slip up. They also have their key players firing especially Messi.

I’m just happy we are doing our bit. To even be where we are is a dream. Lope has done an outstanding job in 2 seasons. Matched our incredible 70 points last season and still 6 games left. Already 140 points over 2 season is insane!

3 Likes