Thoughts on Sevilla's Title Chances

Got to say that was a sublime free kick by Messi.

A pathetic team is a pathetic team and nothing else and this is Valencia folks… it’s a pity they probably won’t be relegated though.

2 Likes

It hit the post right? so it doesn’t change the outcome state the fifa rules. Only if the keeper catches it, while off the line, it has to be retaken.

1 Like

I’m pleased it wasn’t retaken otherwise the 2 devils would be sharing top spot in the league.

I would love us to win la liga and still hope we can. Still it still seems an unlikely dream. I just want us to break our record points and stay as close as we can. Atletico winning it though is the lesser of the evils and more likely. I really don’t mind them at all and like simeone and their team.

2 Likes

I simply cannot see us beating RM at this point… even if the match would be repeated like 100 times, they’d still win it. Referees and the psychological factor - we’re not calm in important games with the current team this season. The only ‘top’ match that we won was vs. Atletico at home and that was because we didn’t have anything to play for but 4th at the time, so less pressure in the player’s minds - the rest is history.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I can’t see us winning a game of that magnitude with the title on line. Real are great in big games and we aren’t. Plus they will have all the help with the refs and everything.

All I want is us to beat bilbao tomorrow to keep our run going. I don’t expect much against Real Madrid either. A draw would be an amazing achievement but I think we will lose too. Still we got to see it as nothing to lose everything to gain situation.

2 Likes

Well the big 3 win. Pressure on us to respond. Hopefully we can.

4 Likes

I’m not really confident about the Madrid game either. However, recently we have been able to beat them (3-2 17/18 and 3-0 in 18/19)

4 Likes

Poor stats still. We’ve beaten them in 4 out of the last 15 matches - no draws either, we lost all of the other 11 matches.

The last time we have beaten them playing away is 07.12.2008 (3:4) and I remember that game as if it was played yesterday - was watching it with a couple of friends in a bar and one of them a RM fan… couldn’t help but feel amazing after the match.

4 Likes

Renato with the winner. He was a thorn in real’s side in them days. The assassin of Real Madrid haha.The scenes were unbelievable and that was a fun match.

Maybe the one positive for us is it’s not at the bernabeu. Real at their temporary stadium are not quite as intimidating or dominant. Plus no fans helps us. Although I hear next week they might be allowing some fans in. Still it will be nowhere near the normal circumstances which has got to help us a bit more.

3 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. We have to be as positive as possible and back the boys for the win

4 Likes

We shouldn’t worry about the Madrid fixture yet, we’ve still got a tough challenge against Bilbao. We need to worry about that first.

6 Likes

True that. We all remember what happened in the reverse fixture and we don’t want a repeat. It would be absolutely devastating to lose or even draw to Bilbao

3 Likes

The current Sevilla rooster is no worse than Barca. But the deciding factor is avaiblity of a player who can score a wonder goal when the game is locked.

We need players who can create difference on the field. Who can score persistently in just about every game. Messi and Benzema does that while ours keep silent for long durations.

5 Likes

Varane to miss the Sevilla fixture, that’s good for us

7 Likes

So Sergio Ramos plays … :thinking:

5 Likes

Ramos is still not 100% so that’s a plus, but they will be ok with Nacho and Miliato there. Militao has performed very well lately and Varane’s absence shouldn’t be too big of a problem for them in the defense.

4 Likes

I have nothing else to add re our title chance , I will let my dog have the final word.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 003434

5 Likes

Painfully, painfully accurate my friend

5 Likes

6 Likes