Summer 2024 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Attacking Union SG midfielder Cameron Puertas linked with us.

2 Likes

First signing x.com

Nigerian winger Chidera Ejuke as free agent

8 Likes

Fast player with good dribbling. Seems to be not bad

8 Likes

Sergio Ramos is leaving the club. Just announced.

4 Likes

I think that was inevitable this summer, but I’m still a little bummed about it. He was really poor early on, but he became one of our bright spots towards the end of the season.

3 Likes

Did he keep Leeds down this year too? :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll check him out in FM

1 Like

The irony that you are trying to be clever.

Orta gave out contracts to all players bought when we were in the PL that allowed them to leave on loan in the event of relegation. Absolute genius. Instead of selling NT defender Koch last summer we were forced to loan him and have now had him leave on a free. We have had players to the value of 100 million all out on loan instead of being able to recoup a fee and reinvest. Fortunately we managed to sell Sinisterra and Adams to fellow English club Bournemouth, both of whom had loan options, otherwise we would have been in financial turmoil this summer and now only need to raise 35millom to meet our obligations.

So yes, there are always hidden costs of employing incompetents.

If you would like a more detailed answer, then Farke probably cost us promotion as the squad was good enough to achieve it. He is a poor coach with serious match day weaknesses in game management, tactics and squad use, but as a second tier club we are not yet in a position to dictate all factors. The club were bought by the American’s, the SF 49ers, prior to the start of last summer, which affected our summer recruitment, so after 40 years of poor ownership look to now have a degree of stability and professionalism about the club with good appointments made throughout the organisation. As one of the richest ownerships in the world, that will begin to show itself on the field over the next two years as we rebuild our ground and move back into the top ten of English football.

It is very easy to recognise quality on and off the field when you have seen such a lack of it for so many years.

2 Likes

Can’t say I’m surprised by this. I have mixed emotions.

Ramos definitely made a slow start but he grew as the season progressed and ended strongly.

His experience and leadership will be missed but then equally I do think we need to move on as a team and look for younger up and coming options.

A centre back is definitely needed alongside Bade and we’re also in need of a midfield playmaker as we’re desperately lacking a creative spark. If Soumare and Agoume go we will need more midfield recruits. We may also need to think about a striker if YEN leaves. The full back positions maybe will be covered by Pedrosa and Juanlu if Acuna leaves and Navas doesn’t complete the season.

The new signing looks a decent start. Someone who can dribble and take players on and on the left side which we’ve needed for a while. Interested to see what happens next. Another busy summer of change by the looks of it!

4 Likes

Defense
RIGHT BACK : Juanlu & Carmona. Cheap & own youth
LEFT BACK : Pedrosa & Augustinsson. Not the best, might as well use the swede if we pay
CENTER BACKS : Salas, Gudelj, Marcao, Nianzou & Gattoni. This looks really bad
SELL : Acuña, Badé & Montiel. Just sell the only valuable assets while they still hold value

MIDFIELD
ALL : JordĂĄn, Sow, Delaney, Bueno? This is it, lol
SELL : Nobody. because we have no-one left

ATTACK
WINGS : Ejuke, Lukebakio, Januzaj, Suso
STRIKERS : Romero, Mir, Diaz
SELL : YEN & Ocampos. Again, sell the only ones who still have some value

This could probably solve the debt problem. But Suso unironically being by far the best player on the roster scares me. Maybe the championshop B team can bless us with some unexpected gold like Romero was. Other than that, it looks grim.

5 Likes

I keep seeing Albert Sambi Lokonga rumored. Various reports some saying we are paying Arsenal 3 million for a loan with option to buy. Arsenal pushing for a mandatory buy after the loan.

3 Likes

Rumors Gattoni to River Plate on loan with a 3.2 million buy option. Gattoni was purchased for 1.4 million in January 2023.

2 Likes

https://x.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1807453240264434044?t=c0KJTb6mU-o68B5kjnB_uA

[Yağız Sabuncuoğlu] Fenerbahçe have started official talks with Sevilla for Youssef En-Nesyri

1 Like

We’ve officially bid farewell to five players.

• Mariano
  • Soumare
  • Agoume
  • Hannibal
  • Veliz

Most of these were loans, so their departure was to be expected, but I’m slightly surprised to see Mariano included here given his contract status.

https://x.com/sevillafc_eng/status/1807793605064491357?s=46&t=MGZQ4XnfdTHq0s4iat9AAA

1 Like

I would hoped to have seen us try and keep Soumare and Agoume but presumably not affordable to do so.

1 Like

Yeah. I think we need to try get as much money back into club as possible to help with the debt.

1 Like

I suppose there is always the hope that the club thinks they can negotiate a cheaper price than the Option to buy clause, but that is rarely a smart or effective move

1 Like

The Lokonga deal is rumored now to be done. No official sources at this time though.

1 Like

Looks like Rafa Mir to Valencia on loan with a 5 million buy option.

5 Likes

Fabrizio saying the player has approved the move, it’s now down to haggling over a buy clause.

1 Like