Summer 2024 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Reports about a loan move for Ilaix Moriba (Leipzig) in advanced stages. His value has dropped significantly from a couple years back, but he’s still only 21yrs old. Hopefully he finds that legendary fountain of revitalization in Nervión. In addition to Lokonga, the plan is to have him for the start of pre-season.

It’s nice to see Orta address the midfield with haste cause all we got is Sow & Bueno. Hopefully these Rafa Mir reports are true this time and this deal finally gets done. Lord knows we need to free up roster spots so we can get our business done.

6 Likes

And what has been customary with this deal w/ Valencia, is that there’s always something that happens to stall this out. It may still be going thru as planned, but we’re hearing now of a 10% clause to the agent in case Valencia trigger the €5M signing option. :joy: :gun:

For what it’s worth, Rafa was part of the group of players who took their medicals today, so at least we know he’s fit.

Not Sevilla related specifically, but Villarreal signed Pape Gueye on a free transfer.

4 Likes

Shame. I liked him when he played for us when he was on the pitch that is.

3 Likes

That’s cold. Just cold.

3 Likes

Is Hermoso a good option for CB/LB?

Probably out of our price range imo.

1 Like

He’s without a club, but could be out of salary range too.

From some of the sources online he last received around 4-5 million Euros per season in Atletico.

Is Rafa Mir gone yet?

Someone get some good news today, please!

Read a couple Marca articles (more reliable than the median Twitter user, but less reliable than one would like). One stating that Djibril Sow will be a key piece of the midfield strategy and fits will into Garcia Pimienta’s tactics. Other article saying that only likely destinations for YEN are Fenerbahçe and Saudi Arabia, but that YEN isn’t totally convinced that either is the right move in his career.

On Sow, I want to be optimistic, saw some stuff I really liked, but he had a couple periods where he looked pretty weak. Anyone convinced his long term foot injury was the cause of the waning performance?

On YEN, part of me would be glad to keep him and not sure whatever we would buy for 20m or less would be worth it. The YEN - Isaac dynamic duo being our saving grace the second half of this season. I’m not sure the Isaac - Bozenik/whomever dynamic duo will be a change worth a few million in savings that it would generate.

3 Likes

I think Sow’s injury was a crucial factor that impacted his performance. Although the guy needs to step up if he wants to become a key player in the team this season.

As for YEN, it is logical that he might think staying at Sevilla would be a better decision than moving to the handful options that he has at this time - but from our perspective, we should either extend for 2-3 years or accept to have him gone as a free agent next summer when his contract expires

4 Likes

El Desmarque reporting Sevilla are in talks with Saúl Ñíguez although salary will be a big issue as he currently earns €15 million. Orgullo Biri links Carles Aleña with a move to the RSP.

Also José María Del Nido Benavente has said the club lost €166 million over the last 4 years.

We’re in the midst of silly season, so I doubt there’s much to the first two rumours at least.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine we can get close to his salary requirements; however, if we do, I’m happy. He’s an excellent player and has been steadfast over the years. He’s only missed 27 matches due to injury/illness over his entire career.

Signing Saul Niguez would be awesome!

2 Likes

Careful!

Guess whose injury history was pretty solid before coming here?

Mr Marcos do Nascimento Texeira, Marcão…

5 Likes

Rafa Mir is finally out the door!!!:pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

Not sure if translated correctly.

Is it end of the season now or what?

1 Like

From what I’ve read, it looks like Lokonga will be signing for us on loan. We’ve also been linked with forward Marc Guiu and Ansu Fati.

2 Likes

Lokonga deal seems to be with an option to buy, instead of an obligation to buy originally demanded by Arsenal.

2 Likes

This one seems to be happening!

1 Like

Sevilla Atletico signed Andres Castrin from CD Lugo for 200k. He’s a 21-year-old right-footed centerback.

2 Likes