Summer 2024 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Past month and a bit, another Name that’s circling around the club is Mady Camara (27) from Olympiakos. Free Agent next July, so the usual story.

Good name tho.

Highly likely Soumare is out of reach and Agoumé will be hindered as well.

1 Like

Anyone follow EPL enough to know why Leicester was willing to part with Soumaré this season? Curious whether their starter was just THAT strong that he was going to ride the bench, or if they just didn’t know how to use him…

He will be missed, but then again, we also missed Pape Gueye when he left. The double edged sword of loans…

1 Like

Only from the reports leading up to his signing, i think he wanted out, and didn’t want to play in the Championship. This was long ago when we were still a Champions League team with some pull.

This wasn’t too bad of a loss since he served his 4-6 month suspension. He’s still a free agent this summer, unless he already decided on a club. I think he could form a great tandem with Sow.

2 Likes

Still got to see how we end the season, 9 games left, but lot of notice on possible managers for next year. Some really unimpressive ones keep coming back in the mill, which is worrying as always. But what it looks like is Quique will be replaced, Orta’s loanees will be out, and what new load he will bring? I’m holding on tight.

1 Like

How long of a contract did we give QSF?

End of summer. iirc.

wait that might be wrong, they say its summer 2025 on transfermarkt. what…

That’s unbelievable no? They don’t learn. So we can throw another 3m or so out of the window, on top of that pile that we already accumulated there. If that’s the case.

Loving those wrong footed starts with the drag and baggage from previous years with it. Give me more of those.

1 Like

There is an option depending on results iirc.

Any thoughts on Jagoba Arrasate, besides originating from Moria in Middle Earth?

1 Like

Sevilla sacked Fernando Navarro and Emilio de Dios on Friday. It’s sad to see a former captain go, but this seemed to be around restructuring and saving money.

2 Likes

Anyone still convinced that trading Bryan Gil for Lamela and €25M was a bad deal, now a few years down the line?

1 Like

He’s still got two years on his Tottenham deal and he’s not playing so I can see him moving this summer. Maybe we can get him back for less than half that 25 million. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fernando Navarro has been an excellent servant for the club and I know that the salaries add up but really, what Fernando earns is about 1% of the president and ex president.

I don’t know, but they need to own up to their mental deficiency.

1 Like

I guess we’re still looking for a coach?

His name came up again, as i just read an article on how Sevilla wanted to setup a meeting with him. But he’s reportedly waiting on the Milan job (among other offers).

I see him taking a job for a club playing in Europe, and/or with a bigger budget than ours. Besides, despite how much i like his style of play, he’s a staunch 4-3-3 guy, even more stubborn than Lope, and that would undo any progress made this season with Isaac.

If we were to look to Serie A, i’ve been wanting us to give Ivan Jurić (Torino) a shot.

Have any opinions changed about QSF? Do y’all think he deserves to remain beyond this season?

Source:

3 Likes

The way Sevilla utilizes the 5-ATB formation after quite some time now makes me despondent. Would rather play 4-3-3 again, even though I strongly believe 4-4-2 suits our arsenal best

3 Likes

RUMORS OUT:

• Rumors that Lope (West Ham) wants Acuña & YEN.
  • INTER is INTERested in Lukebakio.
  • Valencia apparently still want Mir.
  • Fulham interested in Ocampos.

RUMORS IN:

• Sevilla interested in fimiliar face Enzo Maresca (currently: Leicester City), Arrasate (Osasuna), Fonseca (Lille) and Raúl (R Madrid B)
  • Sevilla interested in Sevilla face Ben Yedder on a free transfer.
  • Again a fimiliar face: father of Ansu Fati says that the kid would like to return to Sevilla. I guess it’s in a context of a loan deal.
  • Sevilla wants to only pay €5M instead of €8M to make Agoumé permanent.
  • Sevilla interested in Vitor Roque, probably loan again.

MY TAKE:
To be honest, I like these rumors a lot. Get Enzo who plays 4-3-3 with emphasis on possession and playing through the middle (masterclass video on youtube). So no reliance on trash crosses anymore while having an empty midfield presence, but actually controlling the game.
Offload our entire attack while they still hold some value and (temporarily) replace them with Yedder as striker with Fati and Roque on the wings who fit that playstyle well. Yedder hopefully teaches Romero a bit to make him deadlier.

YEN is peak value now I think…? Ocampos and Acuña will only lose value if they stay. For Lukebakio you might be able to squeeze out something in the twenties of millions I estimate, which is an acceptable profit for half a season. And those replacements won’t cost anything besides wages, and are in my opinion of at least the same quality in a different style. So you can focus those financial gains on improving the defense.

I can envision the beauty! Makes me want to fire up a game of Football Manager hahaha.

5 Likes

Oh how it can be, and let’s see what the :clown_face: board manages to bring in. Only one thing i’m hearing up in those higher offices at the club riight now and it’s the carnival song stuck on repeat.

3 Likes

A new coach or not doesn’t matter.

The fish stinks from the Head.

A new experience for me this Saeson, the manager dont like the coach, and the coach dont like the Manager.

This is Sevilla.

1 Like

Jordan “in” was a poverty of circumstances(?)for QSF.

And let please a club bet very good money for Ocampos!

1 Like

I had that thought of him coming, but with Leicester being promoted, why wouldn’t he just stay there?

2 Likes

Surely he’ll be glad to get a crack at EPL. But then again, perhaps the big money interests behind the club aren’t willing to give him the keys to the Mercedes, so to speak? I know it’s generally poor form to drop a coach who just got you promoted, but I think EPL is a pretty big ask for a coach like Maresca without a ton of top tier experience, in my view. And even for Sevilla, I have mixed feelings in spite of loving him when he was a player.

1 Like