Summer 2024 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Gerard “Peque” Fernández Castellano is in Sevilla to sign his contract!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Welcome welcome.
Let’s see how he bridges the gap from second league.

5 Likes

IT IS DONE

Only Januzaj and Jordan left to go.

4 Likes

Valencia CF 🦇💯 on Instagram: "HA VUELTO 🔙🦇" The production value they put into the announcement that Rafa Mir is back is nutty to me.

1 Like

It’s official now, Fabrizio breaking the news that Arsenal sends him on loan to Sevilla with a €12M buy option.

5 Likes

Gerard Fernandez is set to sign.

1 Like

In that tweet he also says:

“Next one for Sevilla: Saúl from Atlético Madrid.”

What a signing that would be.

4 Likes

12M seems like a reasonable buy option. Hopefully he’s successful with us, and we’re in a financial place at the end of the season that we can make it permanent.

3 Likes

Would love to get Niguez, we’ve had him multiple times as a potential candidate but always seemed out of our aim. It has been 7 years, since his wondergoal versus Bayern and some games in Spain or maybe even the Olympic team I can’t remember but his class is certain. I think he has become a less stand out but more overall solid player. Would be delighted to have him on our squad next year. For me, potential Captain material, like Rakitic, but that’s for later, let’s sign him first.

4 Likes

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1811857071245328796

Wow, this appears to be happening! On a free. That’s still going to be a huge salary.

5 Likes

He will take a pretty significant pay cut, but even half of what he makes now will make him our highest earner, earning about 30k more than our current highest earner in Marcão.

Either way I like the signing, there’s a lot of potential upside, if he can even be remotely close to the player he once was

4 Likes

Wow. What a signing that is.

2 Likes

Back to back to back signings? I like the look of that. And it’s crucial they come in for the start of pre-season. As they say, the midfield is the hub of any good side.

We’ll see what Pimienta thinks of the forward line, but most importantly, our defenders. We all know the doubts with Marcao, Nianzou & Salas at CB, and Carmona is the only recognizable RB currently available.

As always, we’ll have a hard time planning certain exits, but good job on Orta to get these early deals thru the door.

Also, Di Marzio is reporting Roma as another suitor for YEN. Strikes me as paper talk, cause i don’t see Roma wanting to deal with our asses again. :joy:

3 Likes

It was an early rumor about Roma for YEN, then it died and then came roaring back when Türkiye came calling.

3 Likes

Encouraging the players who have come in so far. I like the look of Ejuke and Lokonga and Saul are great as well and seem to be shrewd replacements for Soumare and Agoume. Midfield looking stronger.

Defence is the area which needs looking at now. Bade aside there are big question marks at centre back and with Navas retiring the same at right back and who knows what is happening with Acuna on the left.

Forward wise it looks okay with YEN and Isaac but that may change if one of these rumours about YEN actually comes out to be true.

A good start though and nice to have a few players in as pre-season starts.

2 Likes

From what I have heard, we are paying a very minimal amount of Saul’s salary, while Atletico Madrid cover the rest. Do not know if it is true or not, but the number I have heard is 1 milliln annually.

In other news, we rejected a proposal from rangers to have Joan Jordan on loan because they wanted us to cover some salary

1 Like

That could have something to do with the contract termination deal with Atletico. Still not sure how would they actively pay salary to a player they don’t have under contract… need more details on this.

Oh so there’s a plot twist now that I’ve read.

Due to the technicalities of the contract termination, he is coming on loan for this season and then we have the chance to sign him for free next season.

Makes sense and a good deal after all, especially if Atletico pay a majority of his current salary.

4 Likes

Saul will come on loan for 1 season, but will stay permanently afterwards. I’m seeing a 80-20 split on his salary for this year, which has something to do with Atletico & FFP.

Never seen a deal like this. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes