Summer 2023 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

New Gnagnon.

Too skinny to be Gnagnon. :wink:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t look like Gnagnon even played this season.

5 Likes

Ok, now weā€™re talking! I havenā€™t seen Ellyes Skhiri recently, but from watching him play with the Tunisia NT, heā€™s an organizing DM that is good on the ball. The fact heā€™d be a free transfer is perfect. Just need to secure that CL spot and weā€™re a better looking landing spot for our targets.

7 Likes

It would be crowded with him, Fernando, Gudelj, and Gueye (if he returns). Unless we are just considering Gudelj to be a full time CB at this point.

2 Likes

Rumours about KoundĆ© being on his way out of barƧa already. With one of the reasons being heā€™s right back more often than he likes. It keeps getting funnier. Seems like a life long dream to play there is worth nothing in the end huh?

2 Likes

Suppose Iā€™m living in fantasy land to hope he may return to us?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s rumors that we have a pre-contract signed with Andoni Iraola to take over from next season.

However, this pre-contract was signed before we appointed Mendi and now things have changed. I would personally keep Mendi for at least 1 more seasonā€¦ the guy deserves a full season with the club, no matter what happens now. He has proved himself in a short period of time and shown football cleverness + desire to achieve a lot here.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a tough one. Mendi deserves the chance, but Iraola is a highly touted young manager, we would probably kick ourselves to let him off the hook so to speak.

1 Like

Asensio?

Difficult decision, up to the board, but Iā€™d go with Iraola eventho Mendi deserves it. Unless Andoni wants to bring in too much Vallecano players (other rumour) which is just a wrong start and wrong signal for team balance in my opinion.

I donā€™t like breaking the pre agreement if thatā€™s true. Also next year will be heavy rebuilding. Mendi seems to be to work really well with whatā€™s a hand and is probably the easiest option.

Just the unspoken effect of age gap and authority figure is worth valueing eventho it shouldnā€™t matter much itā€™s definitely there.

Also a lot will depend on the result of the Roma game, of how our future perspective, transfer options and finances will be looking like for the near future.

3 Likes

Heard a hot take the other day that Monchiā€™s summer window (Isco, Januzaj, Dolberg) was worst than what he did at Roma.

Is there a case to be made?

Considering Isco, Januzaj and Dolberg were all free transfers; Very low risk, we got no reward, it do be like that sometimes. Nobody wouldā€™ve batted an eye about these transfers if they did not have the ā€˜big namesā€™. The only thing I would consider poor peformance is the fact he barely covered our dire defender need that summer.

4 Likes

I mean why notā€¦ right?

1 Like

Guy scores screamers but Oscar can probably do the same, also Iā€™m not sure why heā€™s not a starter for Madrid, he canā€™t do 90 or isnā€™t up to it quality wise? Still another winger or attacking midfielder is not a priority right now.

On the manager situation, Mendi should get one more season and only heard about Iraola here, would the latter be a good shout if he can bring Fran Garcia? Diego Martinez is a free agent after being sacked by Espanyol but Sevilla probably wonā€™t go for him right now.

Just wanted to give my view on Gueye, started brightly but has already got himself sent off 3 times, he can be rash at times and if Sevilla want him back next season he cannot be the only reinforcement in midfield, should try to lower his price in negotiations if possible.

2 Likes

If Atleti want to loan us JoĆ£o Felix next season I wonā€™t complain given Pocchetino has said he doesnā€™t want him at Chelsea. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rumors are that guy is joining up with Emery.

2 Likes

anyone else see this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/13x23cj/sevilla_loanee_loĆÆc_badĆ©_to_dof_monchi_please_buy/

4 Likes

Yeah someone shared it somewhere

4 Likes