Summer 2023 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

The way too early Transfer Rumor thread for the summer window.

What do you think about bringing back Mr. Lenglet? His value has dropped to affordable levels again and Barcelona will want to deal. Assuming the player would take a realistic salary based upon his “now” level.

2 Likes

There were rumors that Gattoni already signed for us, although nothing official as of yet. He’ll join us in the summer.

As for Lenglet, I never rated him much, especially not in his final season with us where he was very average and often below. Still not sure why Barca wanted him and now he has lost his place there as well. I don’t think he could add something to the team.

4 Likes

Not sure on Lenglet at all… I must say though given recent success from France with Kounde (and Diego Carlos)… And players seemingly like Bade (ok he was from Forest but you get my point!) and Gueye… We should definitely be fishing in the French League pool.

I actually personally think Ligue 1 is very underrated, and there are so many decent French and African (with French passports) players to be nabbed up significantly cheaper than other sources that I hope Monchi is on the ball.

I guess the worry is how much money is in the pot, and what will we have to sell to boost it. Sadly as I said a few weeks ago I think we will likely lose Bono and YEN in the Summer to fund a bigger squad overhaul.

2 Likes

Lenglet was part of a defence that conceded a shedload of goals in his final season, he only got attention because he scored a few on the other end and when Barca came knocking he almost burned all bridges with Sevilla to get there.

He started decently enough but became a calamity giving away needless fouls and countless penalties. Even now at Spurs he hasn’t instilled any faith and has conceded at least one penalty. So no thanks and go screw yourself.

Gattoni is probably a done deal, just need to wait until the summer. He’s at the age bracket (23-26) which we sorely lack players so will be given his chance to contribute. I’ve also read while Gueye does not have a purchase option in place there’s a rumored verbal agreement for 10m since his contract expires in 2024. If so just get it done. Another midfielder is a must.

As for departures, Suso, Januzaj, Jordan and Idrissi are must-gos. Rony Lopes has 4 goals and 5 assists in a Troyes team fighting relegation so he might a) be able to contribute or b) garner interest. To get back the 25m we paid for him is a pipe dream but hopefully the club can recoup 10m to cover the cost for Gueye.

5 Likes

That would be a steal if he keeps performing like vs. Mallorca on average.

4 Likes

I would say “no, thank you” to Lenglet. I haven’t really watched him play since he left us, but I think I have read some rather not flattering things about his performances.

All depending on the price, of course. We know him, he knows us. A huge drop in price and salary, I think we at least should consider it.

3 Likes

Agree. His performances so far is definitely worth 10m. This article mentions a potential sanction though: El Sevilla FC puede comprar a Pape Gueye por 10 millones (eldesmarque.com)

Do we know anything about this?

1 Like

This is the best info I can find. Seems he had agreed to a free deal with Watford but then Marseille agreed to pay a transfer fee to Le Havre for his services.

3 Likes

Oooooh!!! He is that guy! I remember hearing about that!

2 Likes

I mean it’s the sun, but 45m? I’d take that in a heartbeat

6 Likes

One of the best goalkeepers to wear the Sevilla shirt ever, arguably the best - but as User1115 said, $45m for a GK nowadays is quite a lot and I’d take that too.

With one exception though - that the money is used wisely and the stupidity of this season’s summer window is not repeated.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m too young to remember too many other greats, or maybe it’s just recency bias, but in my opinion, he’s the best goalkeeper in the history of the club,

3 Likes

Bono is great! He is up there with Palop for me, but Andres still holds it for me at the moment due to the years of sustained success the club had with him between the sticks.

Speaking of old Sevilla GKs I noticed Tomas Vaclik is playing for Huddersfield in the Championship now. That guy was rubbish! We wouldn’t have won the 2020 Europa if Bono hadn’t got a chance due to him being injured, that’s just plain facts.

2 Likes

Dream move… :rofl::rofl::rofl: Fuck me!!!

1 Like

I know we had just came from a time with a declining Sergio Rico, but pre & post-injury Vaclík are two very different GKs, and i will die on this hill.

And likewise Jim, i still take Palop over Bono. Yassine still gets very nervy in the big games.

6 Likes

I dunno Edi. I was never a big fan of Vaclik from the off. Way too error prone.

1 Like

Yup. Palop was always the epitome of confidence and leadership, very rare to see him get flustered, especially in the big games.

6 Likes

Man U going for Bono, only reason they want him is because De Gea is asking for massive wages, not sure they will shell out anything more than 30m for Bono.

It’s crazy he hit his prime at 23 and made the Spain squad before dropping off. No other Spanish keeper has really stepped up which is why the likes of Robert Sanchez can make it despite being pedestrian as ever.

Don’t forget that injury time equalizing goal vs Shakhtar and saving 3 out of 4 penalties against Espanyol.

3 Likes

Bono is a good keeper, the best I’ve seen since Palop who takes the crown for me!

2 Likes