Summer 2023 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Simeone’s kid back as a rumor.

4 Likes

Gattoni

4 Likes

Was that in Libertadores or Argentina’s league?

3 Likes

Answering my own question, looks like it was the Sudamericana (CONMEBOL equivalent of Europa League) match against Estudiantes this week.

Hopeful that Gattoni was a solid Monchi signing and can really strengthen the pipeline for this summer.

4 Likes

Nobody came to block but nevertheless a clinical strike.

3 Likes

Wtf?! As if!

1 Like

That’s a good one, Anytime you want a player to get rumours starting just say he’s fuming lol. Bono is a couple of classes above Dmitrovic tho. But there will be a point we need to sell. Shame we just as so many times before lately neglected the offers when they came, just like after price and form peak world cup from him. Dmitrovic is still solid enough, and how many penalties and points Bono has saved us over the years is unreal. And we have been more than blessed with him. We can get a decent sum and then we can start developing a new talented goalkeeper. If we can’t find those then an average/decent experienced goalkeeper will do for short term.

6 Likes

What a bullshit story. That’s not Bono"s personality. It is likely thats Bono will be sold, but this story is bologna!

3 Likes

If Santiago Giménez from Feyenoord only costs 15m I feel he would be insane for us. We can maybe use Idrissi even in the deal to soften the price.

Other funny one, probably doubtful, again just like 5 years ago. Biri Biri his son Yusupha Njie from Boavista who’s a free agent this summer. I’ve seen him play when I was in Porto in a home game. And he was the one standing out, even though the general level was unimpressive. On a free transfer a player like him for width with a special history behind him as well I won’t say no. But it can’t be the main addition, that would be nearing rusescu levels.

All I am asking for us to be more decisive and will refresh more this squad.

4 Likes

It isn’t Bono’s personality at all that’s why I was a bit like wtf. Plus any keeper who moans after being dropped for two games, having let’s be honest not in the best form would have to be a mental case to be fuming.

I’m not surprised at the change, Mendi knows Dmitrovic from their time at Eibar together, he is a Goalkeeper he knows very well and who he trusts from relegation scraps together there. Maybe he feels Dmi is in a better mind set to deal with a relegation battle having been there and done it before instead of a Keeper who let’s be honest again has mainly been used to success over the last 3 or so years of his career (I am of course aware Yas was in a relegation battle with Girona before we signed him!).

3 Likes

Ansu Fati seems to be really struggling now in Barcelona. His talent is undeniable, he has been struggling with some injuries as well. His father was already laying out some lines to Sevilla. Neither do we seem to be afraid of players with massive injuries. If in the right circumstances we can pull this out, and in lets say 1-2 years he is comfortable and strong again, could be great for us.

2 Likes

He’d be expensive wouldn’t he? Or is his contract running out?

1 Like

He’s under contract through 2027. His release clause is €1 billion, with a “b”.

1 Like

In other words, seems likely this will pan out for us, right? :laughing:

1 Like

That’s just so he doesn’t escape. If family and himself put their butts down and things start to wring between the club, you bet they will look for solutions. I’m just saying Sevilla has a good sentimental position here, and if the guy needs to rebuild confidence and wants to come here, the option is there.

3 Likes

i could imagine some sort of sale with a buyback clause for barca? havent seen one of those in a while but we used to… so we get some of the upside if he starts playing well, but Barca retain that 1 billion with a B upside if he really explodes.

1 Like

but i assume the wages are high for him too, right? and a pure loan might be more likely.

2 Likes

Rumor has it that Monchi plans to send Gueye back to Marseille, not exercising the 10 million purchase option in the hope that they’ll sell him for cheaper some time during the summer.

I think this is plain stupid if true…

6 Likes

He seems well worth ten. There is so much uncertainty when you bring in anyone new. He’s already resolved that uncertainty and is absolutely worth ten even if maybe we could get them down to eight… why risk it?

5 Likes

I think it’s because he has 1-yr left on the contract. It might be easier too if the player already wants the move here.

3 Likes