Summer 2023 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

I keep thinking…if we don’t sign Campana in the offseason, I’m going to lose it…and then I look at his injury history.

1 Like

But with that, he has 5 goals and an assist in 16 league matches this season.

1 Like

Yes, other name no

2 Likes

It’s a dilemma. Sevilla can’t afford more errors in the transfer market, neither financially or PR wise. Although the saying goes ‘who dares wins’.

Look at Sergio Canales, 3 cruciate ligament ruptures in his early career, since joining :poop: he’s missed only 15 games in 5 years.

3 Likes

Perhaps more one for the future, but apparently we (and Granada) have our eyes on 17 year old Chilean Goalkeeper Nicolas Garrido, who is on loan at San Felipe from Colo Colo.

Apparently it wouldn’t count against Non-EU quota either as he has a Croatian Grandparent.

Watching the game against Almeria got me thinking, in the event Bono does leave would you guys be comfortable with Dimi as our no.1? He was one of the more solid keepers in the league before signing on a free and his contract runs out in 2025, he isn’t too old at 31 so if cash is needed to reinforce other positions then GK is not a priority. I’ll give him a season.

3 Likes

Yes I really rate Dmitrovic hence why I wanted to sign him for years before we did. If Bono goes Dmi will be number 1. It’s who the backup will be that is the issue.

1 Like

Another name in the pot, apparently we want 19 year old Ilias Akhomach on a Free Transfer in the Summer. He is currently at Barcelona. He is a Right Winger who can also play on the Left or Up Front, Spanish but with Moroccan family.

Another Left footed Right Winger though. :roll_eyes:

Good take on free

1 Like

Yep what @SurreySevilla said. Good with him being #1, but need a backup situation. I don’t believe in any of our backups.

3 Likes

Well, with Sampaoli 99.9% gone the transfer window is up in smoke again, assuming the club does not get relegated there are still some futures that need clearing. Namely Gattoni (done deal), Bade and Gueye (loans). Gattoni is unfortunate and may never wear the jersey now, Bade and Gueye have done decently though Gueye has regressed a bit, still if both could come at around 10m then just do the deal already.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/03/18/sevilla-alex-telles-transfer-manchester-united

One thing that is almost certain is the club would not pursure a permanent deal for Telles, a sensible option for once given his age, injury and not being anywhere near Acuna.

The priorities remain the same for whoever comes and wherever the club lands itself in for next season.

1. clear the dross
  2. reinforcements in all areas

For attackers Morelos has been again linked to the club and I want the club to look at Lois Openda and Gift Orban, both pacey strikers who have shown some quality in their respective clubs.

2 Likes

Why would Gattoni never wear the shirt?

1 Like

He’s under contract already and loaned back until the summer. Unless we sell him/loan him he will be in a Sevilla kit.

1 Like

You never know with these, maybe Mendilibar or the next coach think he’s not up to scratch or would rather bring his own players. Many a player signed by the former manager would end up loaned until eternity.

2 Likes

Arda Guler of Fenerbahce added to the rumor list for the summer window.

1 Like

The Ol’ Konoplyanka move…see a tough rival and sign them immediately. Not sure how well it turned out when we signed Yehven, but Guler seemed ok when we played him last week. All a question of asking price

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has said this already but I just saw from Transfermarkt that we’re being linked to Ansu Fati (who used to play in our youth academy)

1 Like

Poor guy can’t stay healthy and we probably can’t afford him unless he is still playing on his youth deal.

3 Likes

Yeah, I read an interview with his dad where his Dad said he keeps thinking about Sevilla, but mostly seemed like bluster because his dad wants him to play more.

Agreed with Chris, I think he could do better than Sevilla if he is wanting to get out of Farcelona. In the (remote) possibility that Barca gets punished for the Caso Negreira, I suppose there could be a mini firesale and then all bets are off, but mostly just seems like daddy getting upset from his couch (in his interview he said that he has a box at Camp Nou and hasn’t been going because he’s so disgusted).

6 Likes

Adrià Pedrosa is linked, would be a free agent in the summer

2 Likes