Summer 2023 - Sevilla FC Transfer Rumors

Injuries limited his 2023 season, but if he can recover, it could be a great signing on free as a backup.

4 Likes

Reported as a done deal now, right?

Really never watched him play enough to have an opinion, but excited to have some new blood this year. Last year the only new blood seemed to be either random purchase blood (Dolberg or Januzaj) or old blood (eg Delaney).

Hoping for a bit of turnover this summer, even if it means a bit of cutting back old wood and waiting for regrowth, so to speak. Iā€™m ok with 6-8 places this season if it means we are both solving financial leverage issues while also building player value for future sales and future seasons.

4 Likes

Yep, news came from the club directly.

1 Like

Post deleted

(already mentioned by Jesus)

1 Like

Heard rumors of David de Gea as a possible Bono replacement. Free transfer, but I donā€™t know if we could afford his wages. If he took a serious pay cut, I wouldnā€™t be opposed to it, heā€™s not a bad goalkeeper.

1 Like

My impression is that the phrasing around the debt in that article is deliberately misleading. I think maybe itā€™s taking from some kind of statements of the club about the debts taken on over the last 4 years since the pandemic, especially.

I canā€™t imagine thatā€™s a reliable figure to get worked up over ā€¦

6 Likes

But again I donā€™t really see that happening, and would prefer to save money on ridiculous wages when we already have a decent goalkeeper (Dmitrovic)

Either give Alfonso a chance as the second keeper after a nice season at Castellon or get someone cheap from another team in la liga or something like that

1 Like

Trueā€¦ heā€™s a VERY bad goalkeeper instead.

Joking a bit, but really Iā€™m totally not in favor of having him here. Heā€™s not a reliable goalkeeper and has shown that countless times with Man Utd.

4 Likes

Heā€™s such an enigma. Heā€™s genuinely one of the greatest shot-stoppers in the world, but heā€™s not strong with the ball at his feet, and heā€™s prone to make at least one boneheaded decision a game when playing the ball out.

1 Like

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/06/30/sergio-ramos-to-be-disappointed-as-la-liga-return-hits-the-rocks

" As per Relevo though, Sevilla have made it clear that they have no intention of bringing Ramos back into the fold. With Karim Rekik, Tanguy Nianzou, Loic Bade, Marcao and Nemanja Gudelj in the squad, they feel they are more than covered in the centre-back spot."

Lol what, out of the six mentioned only Bade can be relied on as a starter, Rekik is a backup, Nianzou needs a loan, Marcao cannot be relied upon and Gudelj, for all his merits, is not a natural center back. If the center back pairing for the first league game is Gattoni/Bade and Gudelj it means the board have not learnt anything.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/07/01/sevilla-have-no-intention-of-selling-world-cup-winner-this-summer-agent

More stupidity, he almost didnā€™t play in the 2nd half of the season and is already 35 with high wages, ship him off to the Saudi league.

Arda Guler is now firmly in the sights of Barca and Real, so the chances of him choosing sunny Andalusia are slim to none. Surely the club and Orta are better off finding targets in positions of need?

This is sad, he was brought up in the old school fashion of goalkeeping - keep the ball out and let the outfield players do the buildup. The game changed and heā€™s being asked to do things heā€™s almost never done before, if Casillas were in his twenties now he would also be bemoaned for lack of distribution.

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind a complete fire-sale of this current squad. Especially those guys I forgot were even on the team like Rony Lopes, Januzaj and Augustinsson. But I do not see any rumors for players other than the usual Bounou, YEN and Ocampos.

By the way; Dutch media reports that Ardu Guler will be signing with BarƧa this week. Ajax had backed out of the deal because apparently Gulerā€™s father wants an additional ā‚¬18M to ā‚¬20M for himself. This would make the transferdeal his clause + these demands (ā‚¬17,5M + ā‚¬20M) = ā‚¬37,5M.
Turkish media reports that Arda Guler would rather go to Seville than Barcelona, but Sevilla ā€˜struggles to meet the transfer clauseā€™. If I combine these two reports, I donā€™t think the transfer clause is the biggest issue. :laughing:

3 Likes

Seriously, Muriqi is a great option. Notched 16 goals & 4 assists (all comps) for Mallorca last season, and I didnā€™t know he was so good with his feet. From an outsiderā€™s POV, i think it didnā€™t work out at Lazio because Immobile was always gonna be 1st choice striker. I donā€™t know why every window weā€™re linked w/ fricking Lucas Boye, but Iā€™d be more comfortable heading into the Champions League with this guy. The only downside is that his contract runs until 2027, so Mallorca wouldnā€™t let him go easily.

There was something about how Rafa Mir wants to play for either Murcia or Mallorca one day, and also rumours of Oscar going there on loan. Augustinsson just came back from a 6-month spell over there. Cā€™mon Mallorca, work with us!

3 Likes

Rafa Mir is from Cartagena in Murcia, so I imagine it is probably them rather than Mallorca. :sweat_smile: Not even sure where Real Murcia are these days.

1 Like

Currently the Third Tier, they finished 6th. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: Although his home town club are Segunda soā€¦

Iā€™m a bit disappointed with him lately as his performances with the Kosovo NT have been very poor (compared to how he usually plays), but in overall heā€™d be a very good second choice striker indeed.

I wouldnā€™t put my money on him for a first choice striker though.

3 Likes

It was from an interview a few days ago:

Iā€™m sure most would agree a move for Rafa Mir is best for all parties. Itā€™s being reported it will likely be a loan deal.

3 Likes

I been out the loop this whole season and just coming round to these names. Young 22-yo striker who won the league w Feyenoord, scoring 23 goals + 3 assists (all comps). I know, itā€™s only his 1st season in Europe, also in the Eredivisie, which can be misleading. Hope to catch him in a Mexico game during the Gold Cup. Would you still vouch for him @Enrico?

Just adding the highlight reel for those unfamiliar:

3 Likes

So, rumor that Mallorca is interested in Oscar Rodriguez. So question is, would Oscar + Rafa Mir be a steal for us or for them? Or a fair deal?

Would you take that bet? Not just in terms of preference for the first team to play but just in terms of total dollars and cents of those three players, if they were to be bundledā€¦

1 Like

I do, Arne Slot The Feyenoord trainer, whoā€™s superb in many aspects of his job. And also was an intelligent, technical, midfield player in his time. Was very impressed with him, even when he was unfit and could barely play half an hour at the start of the season. He said he was special, works with him every day and I believe his word. He misbehaved a bit I read.

Muriqi is not that great with his feet. You donā€™t need much to see that. The amount I heard people complain about those aspects from all strikers we had lately this one wouldnā€™t be much different. I agree with the second striker option. But never should we pay the big prize for that.

3 Likes

Jose Angel will be the first to depart in a permanent move to Sporting. Transfer valued at ā‚¬5M to replace some :poop: player with an ugly moustache.

2 Likes