Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Who have we actually signed then?

3 Likes

The transfer has closed. Barca has all the money in the world. They could sign anyone they want. FFP doesnā€™t restrict signings. It restricts registrations. Those players have a legally binding contract with Barca. Itā€™s up to Barca to find a way under FFP to register them. If they donā€™t, theyā€™ll be paid to not play.

1 Like

I would gladly take KoundƩ on a loan, though, hahaha.

But thatā€™s obviously a pipe dream.

3 Likes

Our new guys are now registered.

5 Likes

Haha donā€™t want him back now. He was great for us but he wanted to leave us badly in that last season. Monchi was wise to sell when he did as never good to keep an unhappy player to long.

I never got the impression that he had a bad attitude. Sure, he may have wanted to move to a bigger club, but he was never unprofessional about it.

Iā€™d take him back in a heart beat if the opportunity presented itself.

4 Likes

Zarzana loaned to C.S. MarĆ­timo of Portugal for the 2022-23 season.

It is reported that Galatasaray refused our last offer for Victor Nelsson at the last minute and Monchi is already looking for alternatives.

A small hint to Monchi: signing Kehrer would also help cover for the DM position (in which he previously featured) as heā€™s very versatile and two-footed. Killing two birds with one stone kind of thing.

If we fail to properly reinforce in CB and DM itā€™s not going to look good.

2 Likes

Why another DM? We have Delaney there. And if we play 4-2-3-1, we already have JordĆ”n & Rakitić whoā€™ll be stationed there.

Or are you looking for another deep-lying midfielder, not necessarily defensive?

6 Likes

Are you still counting on Jordan? I gave up already, too much of a liability and in a terrible form.

A box-to-box midfielder would do. Delaney is good but not enough to cover the needs Iā€™m afraid. Unless we are counting on Gudelj too.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think he had a bad attitude and to his credit he remained professional. I just think you could tell at times he was frustrated not to get that move last summer.

He got a couple of red cards for us and it felt a bit out of character compared to previous seasons. He was overall professional but there was a few games he let his concentration slip and you felt itā€™s because he had his head turned by other clubs.

Iā€™m not knocking him though and he was amazing for us. One of the best defenders we had in history but Iā€™m just pleased heā€™s got his move now as he wanted it and all parties can move forward.

4 Likes

Ideally i want another body in there, but I donā€™t think the club has given up on him. It sucks, cause itā€™s like having 2 backups for a starting role. If we want to get the most out of players like Isco, the one backing him up needs to know a thing or 2 about running a midfield. Someone like a Pjanic or Ndombele.

5 Likes

I donā€™t like it that weā€™re doing our business so closely to what Lope wants. The Isco type of players are getting more and more extinct in football, but it wouldnā€™t be more Lope than Lope, if he was praying on an age old tactic from the stone age for him to work. I really hope Isco can deliver, but there hardly is any attacking player developing, or jelling well in this football of his. So how it would surprise if it actually did.

Anyway, if we get a good striker, atleast nobody can say, the team quality is looking shit. A lot of managers would be in heaven with how many options we have.

Iā€™m fine with settling with RDT, quite strong, versatile, quick and deadly. Iā€™m down. Heā€™s 27 now, peaking age. In a well playing team, heā€™d score a shit ton. I like to be optimistic but if heā€™s our number 1 striker heā€™d reach 20.

4 Likes

The Gudelj and Munir deal will be depending on how the business is going with Nelson or Baily, Because without Nemanja, we are directly going to Kike Salas or Jose Angel Carmona or an unfit Marcao. Or either Fernando or defensive mid, but I donā€™t like switching those up. Telles in a 3 back fine but, in a four back, something else is required. We canā€™t neglect the loss of Body with Carlos and Kounde as well.

Iā€™d go with this to round it out. Jordan I donā€™t want to see in any games at all. Waste of space. Better to give it to a Canterano.

7 Likes

How likely is it we get RDT? Rumours are quiet on that and heā€™s linked with premier league clubs now.

2 Likes

Not likely

2 Likes

Sadly my thoughts as well. Wish we could get him though. Heā€™d be a real success and someone we need. We havenā€™t had a great striker since Ben yedder bar maybe YEN 2nd season under lope ball. Still no one comes close to Ben yedder level on a consistent basis.

3 Likes

The consistent decline of JordĆ”n is really remarkable. When he joined I was so impressed that I kept telling my friends that the ā€˜Banega-Jordan-Fernando-trioā€™ was the unsung best midfield in LaLiga. Now he just plays like he lost all passion for the game.

7 Likes

Itā€™s gonna be tough to sign kehrer when west ham will probably offer a higher transfer fee and higher wages.

2 Likes

let me just step out from the shadows and say: goddamn guys (and ladies)ā€¦ 1k replies? amazing. loving all the content and thoughtful analysis from so many ppl.

reading back through the last 9 days was quite the emotional roller-coaster rideā€¦ morale really bottoming out 9 days ago and now rebounding a bit with Isco, Tellesā€¦ faith in Monchi everyone.

last season was so oddā€¦ our abnormally strong start (with points surpassing statistical expectation) really created a lot of whiplash when reality settled back in and the law of large numbers had its way with us (for any of you stats/econ nerds out there).

im always torn between wanting the team to shock the world on the biggest of stages (la liga or CL), but also will always burst with pride when we make the more attainable achievements: 4th in liga, CdR, and EL. hoping (probably delusionally) to try and follow more closely again this season.

keep up all the great work everyone! pumped a new season is finally upon us!

8 Likes