Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

It is rumored that we have turned our attention to Jose Campana after Lazio’s high demands for Luis Alberto.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/butacondelgarci/status/1556779702265778176?t=ciBI62zGbWU-7ssufw22FA&s=19

I’d like to think those numbers are real, and I think we’d have to take both offers. Gudelj would be a shame to lose, but I read that his salary is a bit high for how much he plays and the role in the team.
Munir of course makes way too much money to not be contributing. I appreciate what he’s contributed, of course, but it’s time for a schmaltzy goodbye video and a teary press conference

3 Likes

Btw, my previous post should have been celebrating us breaking 1000.

The Office Party Hard GIF

Surely not yet a record for MM fora, but things picked up pace in here now that we’re all thinking Monchi-ball instead of Lope-ball, which is what the season ended on…

3 Likes

Lol… just saw that I wrote 1.5m for both when I had 3m in mind for Munir as I read it from an article.

Absolutely though, it’d be wise to take both those offers and leave some room for new arrivals.

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s no way Lope is letting Monchi sell Gudelj :joy:

But, I could totally see him begging a Monchi to sell Munir lol

Galatasaray’s VP stated that Victor Nelsson told him he wanted to leave. I think all roads are leading to a Nelsson transfer.

Really hope this would happen. Desperately need upgrades at the back and in attack.

Random throwback, was looking at who all was rumored to come in 2021 and didn’t, and stumbled upon this gem of a post by @SurreySevilla
Somebody has a future in fortune telling.

2 Likes

And since I cited it but didn’t quote it, here’s Tim’s post on rumored arrivals last summer:

2 Likes

And finally, on this day one year ago, we were signing Gonzalo Montiel and this summer thread was at about the same number of posts, so if the rest of August heats up, we may well be breaking MM forum records in the chatter category.

1 Like

Rumored names for a midfielder

1 Like

It’s quite weird that I haven’t seen any DM rumors as of late - this is quite refreshing.

Hopefully this is not just a mere rumor list like the one I posted before with some young high-potential CB’s that I got from a fichaje website, and that we actually sign one of these guys.

I don’t have any clear favorites from that list, but it would make a lot of sense if we’d sign Khephren Thuram of Nice. He’s only 21 and has a lot of potential - could learn a lot from Fernando and Delaney and maybe become a crucial part of the midfield from next season. But at this point, any of them would do. We need fresh blood in that part of the midfield.

2 Likes

His father (Lilian) was a really great player.

1 Like

Analyzing that list further + considering the current circumstances, I think the ranking is like this:

1. Ndombele - signing or loaning him (only with a buying option) is probably the best solution as he’s a very good DM with capabilities that we desperately need in this system.

2. Thuram - young with a lot of potential, signing him could make sense long-term.

3. Tousart - the last choice in this group, knowing the way we roll we’re probably going to end up signing him, or no DM at all. Even if we sell Gudelj, we’ll sign one of Campana / Luis Alberto (still huge difference in quality) and call it quits… or none at all.

See, these bits that do not seem very important but in fact are, extremely important, these things make the difference or create that gap between us and Atletico as a club for instance. So what if the board goes into a bit of debt and doesn’t balance the books this season? Why not risk it? No risk = no reward = stagnation.

5 Likes

The play won’t die when he gets ball to feet? More than 1 good scoring season? An actual striker? Yes then.

Bro, why are you like this?? :joy: I’m seeing a pattern here…

1 Like

What pattern :stuck_out_tongue: ?

He really is a very average CB, not saying he is terrible - but not what we need.

2 Likes

Apparently we have yet to register our signings. Are we not in the financial position to do so or have we just not got around to it?

There were rumors that there were financial issues, but I just can’t see how with the Kounde and Carlos signings. I wonder if Barca’s issues are affecting us somehow? Like can that transfer close?

1 Like
5 Likes

:sweat_smile: To be fair it was just common knowledge about who he is best buddies with. The fact he has fucked off is due to unfortunate events of course. :ukraine:

4 Likes