Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

I mean, we wouldn’t be any slower than last year…

which was a problem

1 Like

A pacy striker and Tecatito would do the trick.

1 Like

Eric Bailly still an option, rumored to be close to signing with us.

2 Likes

Rumors are that both Bailly and Nelsson operations are advanced. Possible we are acquiring both. Especially as Gudelj has received an offer to leave.

How would we feel with CB group of Rekik/Marcao/Bailly/Nelsson?

4 Likes

I’d be happy. Telles would be an option at CB as well as he played there most of last season.

1 Like

They’re all at a similar level so it’s good. I’d expect Rekik to be a starter for a while once the others pick up pace - but Rekik of all others has the experience in the Lope system and is the most match fit, so that’s good too.

If Gudelj leaves then we definitely need a new DM. Otherwise it will be a fresh out of injury 35 year-old Fernando and Delaney… not enough.

A new striker and we’re good to go.

1 Like

I get the feeling that Monchi has pulled it off again folks. The guy is a living legend!

2 Likes

That’s why I’m never too worried when we lose key players or are initially slow with transfers, as you can always guarantee Monchi has a plan.

The man is a genius and has been key to our success over many years.

2 Likes

Still much work to do so let’s wait and see, 3 weeks to go until the end of the transfer window.

2 Likes

Sure it will all come together. My perspective has totally changed with the signing of Isco and confident that everything else will fall in place in the coming weeks with the remaining positions we need.

The man knows what he’s doing. Patience is needed.

3 Likes

Yeah in Monchi we trust. The guy knew Kounde and Carlos were going ages ago and he knows how to stay ahead of the game. He always has irons in the fire and stays a step ahead. He would make a great chess player haha.

As @ShendM said though we still have work to do and gaps to fill but it’s looking very promising.

2 Likes

Nice profile pic @Mark_L :person_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

Thanks @ShendM I saw it and thought it looks good to use haha

3 Likes

Juanlu will be at Mirandés on loan for this season

3 Likes

Also Eric Baily’s value has plummeted latest years, not as much as Isco’s but they are both around the same now, where they once where 40m and 80m or so, they should still have it in them to give their career a second wind, the talent is there atleast.

3 Likes

What about David García, he seems always underrated.

1 Like

Cavani is still available… but it seems that Villarreal are closer to signing him, along with Lo Celso.

1 Like

We have received an offer of 1.5m Euros from Trabzonspor for Gudelj - and an offer of 1.5m Euros from Espanyol for Munir.

1 Like

West Ham have joined the race to sign Kehrer and that option is looking more and more less likely with each day. It seems that we will definitely not go with a proven defender in a top league but rather experiment with Nelsson and the likes. Hopefully it all turns out alright!

1 Like