Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Does anyone know if it’s true that we still haven’t registered the new arrivals for the 2022-23 season?

It seems to be a problem for Villarreal too. It is rumored that the earliest we can register them is after the transfer window ends, and only if certain financial obligations are met.

Hopefully not true.

So an hour after I wrote something about ‘financial pickle’ we seem to have reached an agreement with a probably expensive (wage-wise) Isco and rumored to pay around 18 mio. for Nelsson.

I’ll stick to Football Manager then. And crossing my fingers we don’t sell O. Torres.

2 Likes

So I didn’t particularly want Isco but now he’s here I have to say what a bloody marvellous player he is, Madrid must be crazy letting him go to a direct rival.
:grin:

With Nelsson almost done it looks like the signings are moving along nicely.

6 Likes

Or he was… remains to be seen :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Really glad Isco is coming our midfield is a bit stale in creativity if you ask me

6 Likes

Now the question is, can Lope get the most out of Isco & Papu

1 Like

It feels weird to get this excited about another aging, 30+ midfielder, but here I am getting my hopes up :man_shrugging:

Some of Isco’s best form came under Lope for the national team. Let’s see if he can recapture that.

8 Likes

In Monchi we most certainly trust. He has delivered the goods bringing Isco in. Let’s give Marcao and probably Nelsson a chance also. We’ve not even seen them play for us yet, so I don’t think we should write them off. Telles coming in at left back is surely an upgrade for Augustinsson also even if he’s on loan.

You’re right also that DC and Kounde wanted to go and there’s nothing we can do about that. We all knew they were going so it’s not a surprise. Now we have to move on. Both DC and Kounde were unknowns as has already been pointed out. That is what Monchi does best, bringing in unknowns for low value from obscure leagues and making them world class players. He’s the master at it.

Improving our attacking options is now the priority if we can get a top class striker in. As Brian mentioned, Ben Yedder would be amazing if possible and then maybe another box to box midfielder like you say and we’ll be sorted.

I’m really excited now for the start of the season and optimistic. Vamos!

3 Likes

I’m a bit worried about Marcao because at first Lope said he wasn’t match fit and now he’s saying not match fit and neither has medical approval to train. Can’t blame Monchi for any of that.

I’m hoping that Isco is the player that can get us more penetration into the penalty box. What does his arrival mean for Suso?

1 Like

Suso may get like 5 to 10 start this season, and hopefully some team will come for him next year. That’s the best outcome I could imagine.

1 Like

Speaking on the TV show Jugones (via LazioNews24), Alconchel discussed the rumours that her son Luis Alberto is close to a move to Sevilla.

His return would be everyone’s dream. Besides, I could go to see him in person and I wouldn’t miss it. My ticket is already booked. Come on now, Monchi bring him back!

His brother Vincente also commented on the situation.

For me it’s a source of pride to have a brother who plays in the top division.

Luis Alberto was not called up by Maurizio Sarri for today’s pre-season friendly against Real Valladolid, a sign that talks between Lazio and Sevilla are progressing.

source: Mother of Luis Alberto: ‘Monchi, Bring Him to Sevilla!' | The Laziali

4 Likes

So both Isco and Luis Alberto? It could get a bit complicated.

Lope has used Isco as a striker with Spain at least once though. He could figure something out to make the best use of all the talented players that we have like: Papu, Lamela, Tecatito and Ocampos.

This could also mean that there will be no new DM cover up for Fernando - with Gudelj filling that role when necessary.

I can see us calling it quits with transfers after signing Nelsson and Luis Alberto.

3 Likes

Add Acuña to the list of talented and creative players and you have to wonder how we fail to entertain. Isco and Luis Alberto aren’t going to change Lope ball … are they?

3 Likes

Luis thru the middle & Isco wide left à la Suso. Doesn’t sound like much of a change with a lack of pace.

1 Like

In a different dimension / parallel universe:

Bono

Navas - Kehrer - Marcao - Acuna

Fernando

Luis Alberto      Papu

Lamela                                 Isco

Professional Striker

Tecatito could be there instead of Lamela and Ocampos the first sub. Rakitic the first midfield sub also in the second half and Delaney for Fernando.

4 Likes

Fellow sevillistas, am I right in interpreting that we’re finally getting EXCITED?

I’m pumped for the season to start. Hopefully we can get this thread to a thousand posts by Friday.

1 Like

Professional Striker lmaooooo

4 Likes

Agreed, well said. My feelings on Rafa Mir are well known here, but I will admit that lately YEN doesn’t look much better up front. Assuming we don’t bring in anyone new, I’m hoping that a much stronger midfield this season will give both of those guys a chance to build their confidence back, and perhaps we are even lucky enough to dream of them competing for playing time on the basis of both knocking in goals/90 more in line with a “professional striker”. We can always hope.

3 Likes

haha made me laugh too, but also cry a little.

Lewandowski’s goal from today. Much tighter angle than YEN yesterday and nailed it. Granted he did the hard work first and beat the keeper to pull him out of the equation which YEN just can’t do.

1 Like

The only problem with this is how slow we would be. Ain’t no counterattacking possible there unless the professional striker was Gameiro 10 years ago.