Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

lope

Welcome back Rogelio

6 Likes

Yes, Umar Sadiq. Iā€™ve seen enough to know heā€™d be useful, he was on the radar last year at ā‚¬20m, although Almeria are promoted I donā€™t think heā€™s contributed much this last season.

1 Like

Marcao very close to signingā€¦ I actually like his fighting spirit and his defensive abilities. Didnā€™t see much of him expect for the match between Galatasaray and Barcelona - he was rock solid.

4 Likes

Without seeing him play, his 12 assists are what jump out at me, knowing neither of our 2 main strikers are capable of doing. Rafa mostly looks for his own shot, while En-Nesyri, you already knowā€¦

6 Likes

I think that is one reason our attack becomes so stagnant, our center forwards canā€™t pass. I brought that up last year when we were looking at Mir.

5 Likes

We shall see what Monchi has brewed up. I remember in 2016 it was awfully quiet too, until the first two weeks of July, thatā€™s when he unleashed the beast and made like 10 transfers or so. That was really exciting. Hoping for something similar to this pretty dull selection of players.

5 Likes

I tend to agree. The next three weeks will see the European carrousel start moving, first of all. And likely the only piece of that which really matters is KoundĆ©. But yeah, tomorrow we get the unveiled Castore kits/jerseys, and the itā€™s going to be a ride from there.

4 Likes

I think the passed three windows, where the build up was always towards, this is the window the ā€˜bigā€™ transfers are about to happen, and eventually almost none did happen. Got us to the point, where now that it is actually happening we are just letting it happen and we are happy the drag is finally over. The Kounde soap show coming to an end eventually haha and there are so many returning rumours, that we are just patiently waiting what our main man will confirm. So here we are, Isco, Morellos, Senesi, Raul de Tomas, Sadiq, all have been rumoured for 2 years straight so letā€™s see it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Rumors that Sevilla wants Arambarri from Getafe.

1 Like

He runs a lot and is a fighterā€¦ not sure if heā€™s worthy of a starting spot but could still be a good addition.

1 Like

Seeing some rumors this morning that Marcao is on a deal for 5 years.

4 Likes

So it seems that Marcao is the replacement for DCā€¦ fair enough. Now all we need is 2 more decent CBā€™s to replace Kounde and an extra back-up and weā€™re all set. Rekiki could stay as the 4th choice CB no problem.

2 Likes

I think Rekik gets a chance to be the starter.

2 Likes

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

We need more playmaking in midfield. Unless heā€™s coming to replace either JordĆ”n or Rakitic, i donā€™t believe this. Love me a Uruguayan player tho.

Also, i thought Gudelj was staying another year after reducing his salary. Apparently the highest in the team from what i read? Iā€™ll try looking for the article.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/gonzalotortosa/status/1536603489152995329?s=21&t=q8ltdp94CQUwuDtAlFK0iQ

Coming out of El Chiringuito, so take with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I really canā€™t find any reason whatsoever for Gudelj to stay. He wonā€™t ever be a starter, heā€™s a below average player and unless he wants to sit there and be a sub, get free money, Iā€™d rather sell him or loan him out with an obligatory purchase option.

Itā€™s not that weā€™d do the squad any favor if the likes of Gudelj stay.

2 Likes

Heā€™s out of contract. Canā€™t sell him or loan him out

contract

Yeah my bad. For some reason I thought heā€™d been here for 4 years already.

Andrea Belotti has become a free agent as his contract at Torino expired today. Not sure how heā€™d get on in La Liga, but wouldnā€™t be opposed to him signing on with Sevilla.

Sampaoli has left Marseille after mutually agreeing to cancel his contract. Itā€™s not too late to get rid of Lopetegui right?! :wink:

4 Likes