Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Names starting to crop up, some new like Mario Hermoso and some repeats like Dybala. Monchi sounds like he’s enjoying this years challenge and has the task ahead firmly under control. There will be early signings and late signings but I’m fairly sure we’ll cash convert En Nesyri.

4 Likes

Just a gut feeling? Or any particular reason? I really hope to keep him around.

I think a few weeks of consistency and he could turn in a Kanouté-esque performance this season. Maybe irrationally exuberant there, but I really am pumped to see him withoht Lame-o DeJong or Dumb-as-rocks Rafa Mir cramping his style (ie. taking half his playing time) like has been happening for a couple seasons now. If he is healthy and consistent, I’m very bullish on YEN becoming a major goalscorer this season. Maybe not Kanouté, but hopefully somewhere in the range of a good Carlos Bacca season.

3 Likes

Luis Alberto and Dybala would be my dream.

Sell Youssef, sell Ocampos.

5 Likes

I don’t see Dybala being a good signing as he tends to play in front of the defense as a second striker/CF rather than being a natural goalscorer. If Lopetegui was going to play with 2 up front, then I could see him being an option, but hardly the only one in the team with Ocampos, Papu & Suso already there.

With Gareth Bale seemingly signing on at LAFC I guess Munir really will need to look towards Ligue1 for a new club. Has Bale’s arrival in MLS caused much of a splash stateside??

3 Likes

2 more friendlies added to the list. One against Cadiz for the Trofeo Antonio Puerta (6th of August) and one against Sporting Lisbon for the Trofeo de los 5 Violines (24th of July).

4 Likes

I’m willing to give him another shot, he’ll never be Luis Fabiano but he’s still got a lot of potential.

I’m just basing the possible sale on how Sevilla FC think.

4 Likes

Feeling might just be right on that. Offer for Marcão rumoured at €12M. If signing is made, he would take up our 3rd non-EU spot. (aka no Chucky Lozano :cry:)

3 Likes

Who are the other non-EU spots? Montiel and ?

2 Likes

& Acuña

2 Likes

Has anyone ever understood what the heck this rule even does? Like somehow we need protectionism in football, too? Wouldn’t want all those hard working European foot-tradesman to get worked out of a job by them undercutting Brazilians!

Is there a WTO equivalent in football to help negotiate down these barriers to international trade? Seems like a silly approach with very little benefit to the fans or the clubs.

1 Like

How does the Non EU work as Bono (Moroccan / Canadian) and YEN (Moroccan) are both Non EU too.

Found this on a site, but not an official document so take it for what it is worth:

The La Liga regulations suggest that each team can sign up to five non-EU players in a season. However, a team is allowed to field a maximum of three players on the pitch.

The La Liga clubs can add more foreign or non-EU players if the players have EU ancestors or relatives, as these players can be eligible to serve as EU players.

Also, ACP (African, Caribbean and Pacific Group) nations footballers are not considered the non-EU players due to the Kolpak ruling for signing the Cotonou Agreement.

Confirmed on Wikipedia:

Eligibility of non-EU players[edit]

In La Liga in 2020, each club is allowed five non-EU players but are only allowed to name three non-EU players in each matchday squad.[34]

Players can claim citizenship from the nation their ancestors came from. If a player does not have European ancestry, he can claim Spanish citizenship after playing in Spain for five years. Sometimes, this can lead to a triple-citizenship situation; for example, Leo Franco, who was born in Argentina, is of Italian heritage yet can claim a Spanish passport, having played in La Liga for over five years.

In addition, players from the ACP countries—countries in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific that are signatories to the Cotonou Agreement—are not counted against non-EU quotas due to the Kolpak ruling.

1 Like

Baron Kimbamba (24), Juan Maria Alcedo (21) and Lluis Aspar (22) have all left Sevilla Atletico. Kimbamba was at one time a hopeful first-teamer, it just never worked out.

1 Like

A once rumored Sevilla target Joselu to Espanyol combining with RDT. If RDT stays, that’s one hell of a forward lineup.

3 Likes

Alexandro Fernández , Sevilla FC’s youth attacker, has signed this Monday his renewal for three seasons, until June 30, 2025 .

By this time last year the Transfer thread had over 700 messages compared to 496 this year. Funny thing though, there was only one known signing at this time last year and that was Dmitrović.

3 Likes

Lopeball will do that to you… :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

Any takers?

1 Like

Too many ungrateful fans. First time ever finishing top 4 three years in a row. That’s Lopeball.

5 Likes