Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Tucu was deprived on the wing. Started to thrive once he got to Lazio and played 2nd striker. I just know Lope wouldn’t give him that role here.

2 Likes

No thanks, he spent too much time throwing himself to the ground anytime a defender got close for my liking.
A bit like Ocampos lite. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Christoph Baumgartner, 22, from Hoffenheim has been rumoured. Talented attacking mid with a good, acceleration, and finishing abilities. Who was under an Austrian Football agency group, that fused with a spanish one, with which Monchi supposedly has good contacts. Around 20m market value. The idea to look for players like him is great.

The other one, Juan Mata, 34, after playing about 10 games for Man Utd last season, can be picked up for free this summer. I really liked that he´s a smart man with studies besides his football career. So I don´t think he will be led by excessive demands and wrong reasons. As with all these rumours, of Alexis Sanchez, Luis Suarez or Cavani, we don´t need 5 of these 35 year old guys. But one, is still a good idea for the next long season.

5 Likes

I like the idea of getting Mata for a year or so, especially to stop him going to Betiz, but I just don’t see how he improves the current options in central/attacking midfield.

Kounde went off during France’s match yesterday and will require surgery on his hamstring. Deschamps said it was a problem they were aware of prior to the match. Wonder if that’ll affect Kounde’s transfer this summer.

LdJ is being linked with Toluca in Liga MX but as a backup plan, in case their pursuit of Edinson Cavani in unsuccessful.

7 Likes

It’s actually the anillo inguinal, I had to look it up and it’s part of the groin area and it’s one of the most ‘sensitive’ parts, sometimes affecting blood supply to the reproductive organ. Oh dear

4 Likes

Please let it not be, Kounde ‘communicated’ that Barca is his priority.
This would sting so much, I can’t stand it. Xavi wants him and I’m fearing they will find a magical pocket of money to pay it off and beat the PL teams in the end.

2 Likes

Eh, I wouldn’t worry about it at this point in time. Koundé’s not going anywhere for at least a month, and I don’t think it will be to Barcelona. (No doubt we would demand more from them), and with the current financial situation they have, it would be incredibly hard to sign and register Koundé as well as all the other players they want.

A lot of news is just made up to get clicks and appease the big Barcelona fanbase, but the truth is, Barcelona can’t, at least at this moment in time, afford to sign Koundé, especially not if they want to sign other big names (Lewandowski)

Someone needs to remind them that they can’t pay in Monopoly money

3 Likes

I hope your right. But with Barca you can’t be certain.

Also we may have found agreement with Toluca, I think de Jong asked around with Dutch colleague striker Vincent Janssen playing for Monterrey and they are really considered semi gods there, within the crazy Mexican league. We might be catching around 5m. That’s really great for a one year contract, with very limited rest value. But he did show his value at Barca as well so fairplay. Good business, and a step closer to our new striker.

3 Likes

The new striker:

3 Likes

Oh no, that looks like Rusescue.

2 Likes

I think general opinion favours keeping Rekik while Gudelj not so favoured but nevertheless a decent backup player. Martial is not possible or desirable. Augustinsson will go and a new lefty will come in. I don’t think Suso or Munir will continue and Oliver is doubtful so I reckon on at least 5 new players will come in and possibly as many as 10-11.

2 Likes

De Jong is going to stick out like a sore thumb in Mexico haha

1 Like

He could ‘revolutionize’ Mexican football, just needs to do the moustache

1 Like

Looks more like Banega…

More of a long-term idea but Lucas Torreira is out of contract next summer, could Sevilla look at him as a DM/CM option, even if it’s not till the end of next season?

1 Like

Barca’s President Laporta tells the general assembley of shareholders he’s looking for another €500m to spend on players pay off debts.

4 Likes

If they pay 70 mil for Kounde then it’s ok. Anything less and it’s pathetic.

3 Likes

Yep, I would rather sell to Chelsea at a discount than to sell to Barcelona at all!

3 Likes

I do hope we sell Kounde soon, I’m tired of the crazy headlines.

6 Likes

There’s talk of Barca offering €60m plus one player for Kounde apparently.

Sergino Dest, Francisco Trincao and Clement Lenglet are the names being touted.

1 Like