Summer 2020 Sevilla FC Transfer Rumours

Not even been here a full season yet. Hopefully it’s just paper talk.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest though. It’s either him or Diego Carlos (or both) that Monchi will transfer in order to fund next season’s signings, no?

1 Like

Yep and I think it is going to be especially important with the loss of revenue. Ocampos has a 70 million buyout and Carlos has a 75 million buyout; 150 million for two players would set us up nicely in a weaker market I would think.

1 Like

Let’s hope so Chris.

1 Like

Looks to me that he is sending out his calling card, I kind of hate it when players do this when under contract. They should keep quiet and just say “I am a Sevilla player and until an offer comes I will keep focusing on helping my team”.

3 Likes

But don’t forget the 8-9 players out on loan that are coming back unless a deal is done, those will need to be off the books before any spending is done…

2 Likes

Welcome back @sevilla_spurs it’s been a bit. :slight_smile: I agree on both of your points above.

1 Like

Let’s face it, one of the reasons Sevilla acquire such talented players, so easily, is that they realise Sevilla FC is the perfect stepping stone towards Madrid or Barcelona.

Perhaps even the best route/shop window for any player with ambition.

We just have to bite on leather while the surgeons amputate our best players.

2 Likes

As a couple of us mentioned earlier in the thread, I would hope that at least two of those out on loan, Pozo and Carlos will be back with the first team, which in itself fills two squad spaces without having to splash cash.

I imagine if budget is tight we would probably go back to keeping Juan Soriano as the back up keeper for another year too rather than spending for the sake of spending.

1 Like

Fair enough,I get where you’re coming from and am not looking to start an argument, just wanted to hear the other side of the conversation if possible. :wink:

I pretty much expected Diego Carlos to leave this summer, he’s been one of the real highlights of this season. Ocampos was a possibility if he played well and he has shown he can perform, but keep in mind his release clause is 70m; Real paid 100m for Eden Hazard; is Ocampos 70% the player that Hazard is? On his best day maybe but bear in mind Madrid have Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo so Ocampos probably won’t have a lot of time to prove himself as a starter there. What is likely is he becomes the next Vitolo or Gamerio and warms their bench. So for me 75m for Diego Carlos is aptly priced while 70m for Ocampos would be an excellent deal, more cash for quality reinforcements.

Agreed, few players come here hoping to topple Real or Barca, they only want to showcase their talents in a decent team and jet off when a big club comes knocking, only the cantera, those on the tail end of their careers or players who know they have a slim chance of making it at the big clubs will be willing to stay here for multiple seasons.

The club has been looking at Rui Silva of Granada for their next goalkeeper. He’s 26 years old, Portuguese and stands at 1.89m, might struggle aerially.

1 Like

It’s ambition, not a bad thing I suppose. But I think it’s more significant for an Argentinian to return, late career, to Boca or River Plate after playing in Barca than if the player had played in PSG or Manchester United.

I wish I was almost 6ft 3in. :sweat_smile:

On the subject of CBs, assuming we lose Diego Carlos to one of the elites, who do y’all see as a suitable replacement? I’ve seen Salisu mentioned. My only worry is that he’s young and it would make a trickly pairing with Kounde who’s still developing. I like that he has La Liga experience, also playing in Valladolid team that has been decent defensively.

Worst case scenario we also lose Ocampos, who i think Bayern can realistically go for. Who do you guys prefer at LW? I find this a difficult position to fill based on the player pool. They’re either too expensive (Lozano, Anderson, Dembele), or not a worthy enough replacement for Ocampos. My pick is Jeremie Boga (Sassuolo) who’s had a breakout season. Valued at around €20M. I’m just thinking the profile to be someone with more of a goal threat, as opposed to Suso who is more of a natural playmaker.

1 Like

I’ll say it once and I will say it again, I really like what I have seen from Darwin Machis.

1 Like

So have we all given up on Joris Gnagnon?
Do you think he is not the right fit for Sevilla? For me he had glimpses of ability but wasn’t consistent, whether that was because he didn’t get a good run in the team or was a little overweight (according to some), but he went back to Rennes on loan last summer and had only managed a handful of appearances so did something go wrong for him or was he just not that good in the 1st place?

2 Likes

I mean it looks like he split playing time (slightly more actually) with one of Rennes’ homegrowns who is also 23. That’s a pretty successful loan spell if you ask me. More often than not, our loaned players are lost on the bench. I have always liked what I have seen in Gnagnon. I think he struggled a bit with the language, but really had some good moments in limited action.

3 Likes

Moussa Wague anyone?

Looks a bit raw going forward from the few clips i seen. But i remember him in a CL game vs Inter (sorry Jim), and he was very decent defensively. Only 21, so a good signing as a backup.

It‘s this man’s 27th birthday today. I’m just hoping that wasn’t just him visiting the stadium with his agent to see how Monchi is doing. :thinking:

(Note: that was during the Osasuna game in March.)

1 Like

Who is that?

As for Wague. He is very attack minded I thought, a typical if you will African Full Back, much like Pape Souare we had at Palace. At least he is a Right Back though.