Summer 2020 Sevilla FC Transfer Rumours

Perhaps not the news some were wanting to hear.

I know Monchi has a track record of making well based decisions but the club should really be going hard for Rakitic, he may be 32 but knows the league, loves the club and the fans love him as well.

Orkun Kokcu is the name Iā€™ve seen mentioned the most in past weeks, he is likened as the next Ozil and Monchi rates him highly. Not sure he is what the club need, with Banega gone and Mudo likely to leave the midfield is crying out for experience, playes in the Ozil mould need support from the entire midfield so they can pull the strings.

If Rakitic is unaffordable then the club should have a go at Campana, heā€™s averaging 2.2 key passes a game with 5 assists, good for 4th in the league after Messi, Odegaard and Santi. Didnā€™t know he was compiling such impressive numbers in the Levante midfield.

Or this could all be a smokescreen to get Rakitic to lower his wages and he will be presented as a Sevilla player when the window opens.

2 Likes

Monchi isnā€™t going to show his cards until he has to. Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t say no to Rakitic if his wages and transfer fee are within budget. Heā€™s been a captain once and could do it again.

1 Like

One of the things I said about this season is with CarriƧo gone we really lack any leaders in this team.

Yeah I love Navas to death, but I donā€™t think he makes a great captain. Heā€™s just not vocal enough and Iā€™m not sure heā€™s great at referee management that good captains have. Escudero isnā€™t on the field enough to be the leader. I think Fernando has the makings of a captain, but he just arrived.

1 Like

Rakitic is a round peg and Sevilla have a square hole, thatā€™s as diplomatic as I can say it. Basically the way I see football developing within the club and to an extent many of the chasing pack, the times are a changing.

1 Like

In these uncertain times we should definitely be looking to utilise the Cantera where we can to plug certain gaps. No point splashing cash we havenā€™t got when we have quite a highly thought of youth set up.

Football is going to change massively now after Covid-19. Players arenā€™t going to be getting ridiculous wages, and clubs arenā€™t going to be able to afford to splash Ā£40m on average players.

2 Likes

I agree, and it should start with bringing CampaƱa back. I could also see Pozo & Carlos FernƔndez making the team.

Iā€™ve always seen Pozo play with the right attitude. He looked like someone who couldnā€™t wait to wear the shirt. Iā€™m glad he at least found a spot in the squad during those first few months.

As much as De Jong was improving and scoring in big games, iā€™d rather see Carlos get his chance. Heā€™s really developed into a decent player. I donā€™t think thereā€™s room for 3 central strikers in a 4-3-3.

Thereā€™s also Pablo Perez, who plays LB for Sevilla C whoā€™s been highly touted.

1 Like

Yup Pozo and Carlos Fdez need to be brought back in. Two players who can make an impact and not cost money.

Worrying to read on Twitter two of our highly rated youngsters, Amo and I not sure if it was PP, as the guy said he was a Right Back, not been offered new contracts as yet.

It was Javi Perez not Pablo Perez who I saw mentioned.

I only seen articles linking Pablo Perez to Man City. But he actually plays for the Juvenil A team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-manchestercity/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/manchester-city-interested-in-sevilla-youngster

1 Like

Escudero back to Getafe in the summer.

At the moment that leaves us without a proper Right Back or a Left Back. :thinking:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a decent move for Escudero. I wish him all the best. Hopefully better luck with fitness.

This is also good for us, as we can weigh our options. We can formulate some kind of deal for ReguilĆ³n or simply sign another LB while still negotiating w Real Madrid. Itā€™s been a problem position for years now, Iā€™m just satisfied we seen some kind of consistency this season.

3 Likes

Not to challenge you or anything but why would Ivan not be a good fit in the Sevilla midfield? I concede heā€™s 32 and not the same captain who could power us to victories single-handedly, not a long-term solution but could be a good start. The midfield is heading for an overdue revamp and the only ones staying are Fernando and Gudelj with the latter a backup at most. The major factor here is Lopetegui insists on playing 3 in the midfield, not all players are suited or are acclimatized to 3 in the midfield but Rakitic has had plenty of time as the no.4 in the Barca midfield and do the same job for Sevilla as a rotation piece if not as a starter; but as stated earlier his wage demands are a huge obstacle and these would wreck the clubā€™s finances other options should be considered.

Glad that Escudero is going back to Getafe, he puts his all in but wasnā€™t really the same after that injury, this leaves the club in an awkward position of having no natural fullbacks. Not sure who the club are going after but Cucurella on the left and Odriozola on the right would be good picks.

Regardless of how the season ends, Monchi and co. will have their hands full with rebuilding the squad, taking in the confirmed and expected departures the club have a question mark in goal, no fullbacks, 3 center backs with 2 likely to leave and a 3-4 man midfield depending on whether Mudo leaves. The attacking slots are fully loaded but some could be moved on if necessary and Nolito has come to end of his huge contract.

I think some of the players below can help but the amount of positions which need filling are too much so here are just some names.

Campana
Rakitic
Yangel Herrera/ Marc Roca / Sergi Darder
Cucurella
Odriozola
Darwin Machis
Mohammed Salisu (excellent stats for Valladolid, not sure if he can replicate it here but is only 20)

Carlos Fernandez and Pozo back from loan

Also the bunch of loanees coming back such as Amadou, Gnagnon, Vidal, Mesa, Corchia, Rico, Arana. Milan will probably buy Kjaer.

1 Like

Yes please!!! Big fan of his.

All of those loaned out players and Juan Soriano can all find new clubs as far as I am concerned. Iā€™d also look to move on Rony Lopes.

At the moment my squad would be looking like:

Vaclik
New GK *
Alfonso **

Jesus Navas
Odriozola *
Reguilon *
Pablo Perez **
Diego Carlos
Kounde
Sergi Gomez
New CB *
Amo **

Fernando
Gudelj
Rakitic *
Oliver Torres
Jordan
CampaƱa *

Ocampos
Suso
Alex Pozo *
Machis *

De Jong
En-Nesyri
Munir
Carlos Fernandez *

• = New / Returning Player
    ** = Youth Team Promotion

Looks a little wonky to me, but would be a good starting block.

So outs from who we still have: Rony Lopes, Nolito, Ever Banega, Bono (obviously deemed not good enough to displace Vaclik, we need a new number 1 really), Escudero, Mudo Vazquez. Iā€™d be tempted to shop around Munir too to be honest.

Basically 25 plus Alfonso then filling the Javi Diaz role, playing for the Bā€™s but getting experience training with the first team keepers.

Iā€™m being diplomatic, I donā€™t want to go there.

One big positive would be Cucurella but now heā€™s attracted a lot of attention and the price will be too high. Having said that, I donā€™t think he is close to Daniel Alves at his best, but heā€™s right alongside him in terms of stamina.

1 Like

Not what we want to hear Lucas.

The Argentine attacker of Seville Lucas Ocampos said yesterday that he is motivated to read in the sports newspapers that he may be a possible signing of Real Madrid. "The other day I discussed it with my wife. We opened the newspaper and I said that Real Madrid is looking at me. Anyone elseā€™s chest swells, those are things that motivate me a lot. The maximum desire of a player is to play in those clubs, the best clubs in the world,

1 Like

Donā€™t you just love it when your players are already looking at moving on. :unamused:

Itā€™s inevitable I guess, weā€™ll lose him before next season startsā€¦ who knows when with the current situation.

1 Like