Opinions on Lopetegui's Sevilla

So Lope’s staying 100%?

2 Likes

Yes sir, seems like it. Pretty bold move by the FO.

3 Likes

Diego Martinez becomes Espanyol manager.

He might have moved too quickly, I’ve got a hunch that Lopetegui is just waiting for the phone to ring.

3 Likes

There were some disagreements as reported, but not sure if true. With DC gone and most likely Kounde too, let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Absolutely. This is a ‘must-do’ regardless of whether Lope stays or not.

Don’t think I can stand another year of this manager, honestly, we had the greatest squad in our history and we thrashed absolutely nobody, not even Andratx, even that went to penalties.

Goooooooooooooooooo awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Lopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetegui

Go and infect some other club.

2 Likes

He would be sacked within one year solely due Lopeball if he ever gonna coach “big team” again.

2 Likes

Still in the air? Is he staying or not?

1 Like

I seem to remember Lope working closely with Monchi at this time of year but at present it’s just the odd phone call :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It is a bit strange. Never good to be in limbo in June. Maybe he is on holiday with Sampoli so he can get some offensive tutorials.

4 Likes

He and his agent are like “Remember when we pissed off the Spanish Federation on the eve of the World Cup? What can we do to top that on our way out of Sevilla? Maybe Sampaoli will have some ideas, he seemed to be good at this game.”

2 Likes

It is reported that Lope’s ultimately staying for another season. Vamos!

4 Likes

That’s it then. He’s staying.

sevilla are busy planning for next season according to Marca Sevilla FC: Lopetegui y Monchi siguen adelante con la planificación | Marca).

Monchi and Julen Lopetegui sat down for lunch together yesterday to prepare for their fourth year together at the Sanchez-Pizjuan. Both men shook hands and killed any final doubt surrounding the Basque coach’s position.

3 Likes

*for now

How many draws or losses out of the gate before he’s fired?

1 Like

Whelp… I guess I forgot to post the final standings update :person_shrugging:

Think we’ll get an entire season out of him next year?

Time for a new line and color…

2 Likes

:confounded:

1 Like

Already working on it! Going back through past years to get some historical perspective.

2 Likes

What are some other things we can track? Goals scored and goals given up?

Feed me some ideas! I’ll see if I can crunch some numbers!