Opinions on Lopetegui's Sevilla

I can’t swear to that but I’m just reading between the lines.

3 Likes

We really tried to bury this thread :joy:

#Season4 :sob:

2 Likes

Lope remains the coach, but with a lot of changes in the team. I don’t know what to think about this information, we can go again with the hope that this season will be different :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like I get to brush off my graphs for another year! #SilverLinings

4 Likes

Just like the normal series, they continue too long to watch the downfall.

Really dislike the ideology but maybe they agreed on certain necessary changes, who knows…

This was the exact crossroad where we were in full control of the next turn. It’s like a wrong turn horror movie. Once you took the wrong turn, to get out of it, you will enter a whole mess of other problems. While having taken the Lopetegui path, knowing what we already know, and seeing what we’ve already seen, in the hope that it ends well. The pressure is even higher, if after some weeks next season things are not looking better, they will start become emotional and things will end ugly.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s impossible, rigid fucking mentality.
He can’t be preaching one thing, and from one day to another renounce his whole identity.

It’s like a Bulbasaur trying to evolve in a Charmeleon…

3 Likes

This is the single greatest metaphor I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

At least he has a fancy new website.

1 Like

Oh boy. He’d better have a good spam filter service.

But generally it’s really interesting that this suddenly comes out no?

even more telling is how his idea of football, doesn’t concretize nothing. It’s literally his press conference speech.

• manage all aspects of the game
  • it’s easier to win with the ball
  • luckily there are many ways to win
  • his teams have defined personality
  • his teams have clear concepts and finding the best solutions during the game.

Define this personality that you try to create?
Define your view of the game and define your concepts.
He literally doesn’t say anything.

Atleast Xavi when he speaks, he’s talking about specifics.
Lope is always vague and broad and literally doesn’t say anything.
It’s like a textbook thesis style to fill paper.

I’m hoping we find an ex tactical attacking coach from Man. City or Liverpool… Or some new Rivaldo or Gerrard. To carry this team, because its a lost case without it. I can’t hear any more of this. Good luck on the transfermarket Monchi you will need a whole lot of it, to carry us next year.

1 Like

And don’t try to tell me he is hiding all his concepts… if anybody was gonna say that after the 3 years that he’s been here. I can’t even…

Tbf, Zidane didn’t like to discuss tactics either. But at least he had the results to back it up. :sweat_smile:

I’ve said it before, there isn’t too much wrong with the style of play, it’s just he either takes a really long time to attempt to fix what isn’t working, or simply doesn’t at all. With how long it took for this decision to come to be made, you can tell there were some doubts.

1 Like

According to this article, Lope is staying and it was agreed that the squad needed a refresh this summer, as we’re already seeing with the departure of DC.

1 Like

Hopefully the new additions will play at a faster tempo in the final third.

1 Like

There is still a difference, in revealing in depth, and elaborating on certain ideas lol. He says nothing.

They ask you explain your personality in three words and you say, descriptive, defined, conceptual. Like what are you saying bro.

1 Like

Yes hopefully. The squad does need a refresh and hopefully the new signings we make will as you say help us to play at a faster tempo in the final third.

I’m prepared to back any decision the club make and if as it seems to be the case, Lope stays, they have my full support. I have many criticisms of him as a manager but securing three successive Champions League qualifications is an amazing achievement and if anyone can do it again next season it’s him. Having a familiar face as manager with a revamp of the squad might be just the continuity we need to make the adjustments.

3 Likes

this is flawed. Past is no guarantee for future. We were not in an upward spiral, and the question is if it even can get there.

1 Like

Not a guarantee but he’s proven for three successive seasons that he can do it. That’s all I’m saying. He will have his work cut out I suspect to achieve top 4 again next season with the departure of DC and Kounde likely to follow him.

Getting it right this summer with replacements for these two and additions to strengthen other areas of the team will be key.

1 Like

Final third of the pitch or final third of the season? :rofl:

If it hadn’t been for that dismal end to the season, Lopetegui would still be riding a wave of having finished 2nd, and we wouldn’t have every thread filled with notes on how terrible his “system” is, and how “I saw it from the beginning, even before he won the Europa League, I knew this system would never work.”

Can’t believe we were 3 points from 2nd place, yet somehow this system “doesn’t work”, and Lopetegui is the worst coach in years, and “a massive overhaul is needed”. As I’ve said before, I don’t see it. The team’s average age and maybe the enfermería need a close look, but I’m not sure canning Lopetegui gets us anything except risk.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for the overly lucky start of the season where we got way more than deserved we would have ended 7th and you wouldn’t say anything you’re saying now, that’s the hypocritical result based view. The bad series also easily could have happened at the start, but as the points got collected you forgot. If you don’t see it, you don’t see it. Just be glad we got fourth in the end.

If at the start of next season the results are not coming, you are suddenly gonna say it’s shit :joy:

haha both right?