MD6: Granada vs Sevilla [20/21]

Well it looks certain that Gudelj will get the nod but how do we best re-organize the lineup?

First half stats -
Possession: Granada - 35.5% : Sevilla - 64.5%
Pass Success - Granada - 72% : Sevilla - 85%
Total Shots - Granada - 5 : Sevilla - 5
Shots on target: Granada - 0 : Sevilla - 2 (although pretty weak)

Not sure - I would guess a winger off probably Suso.

Or none of that - we just bring on De Jong and Ocampos for Suso and Carlos Fernandez

Shame about the red card. Will take a point now guys!

We’re going to look more ragged with YEN for Munir but Munir is tired.

2 Likes

Could see it coming. Never mind, good goal by Granada though!

1 Like

Bit of a soft goal for our defenders to let in, though obviously we’re not playing well and Granada are asking all the questions.

It’s the usual mix of bad luck, injuries and refereeing, plus on this occasion, players with the Chelsea game on their mind.

4 Likes

So if a player goes down without any contact and appeals for a penalty…shouldn’t that be a yellow? Nah not when this terrible ref is at the helm. Granada just falling down at every opportunity now. Also, only 3 minutes of stoppage? This ref had a terrible match.

5 Likes

Already used way too many expletives this morning. We’ll consider this a write-off. Chelsea up next.

2 Likes

Red card cost us! Still we will bounce back from this. We were playing ok until the red card. After that best we could hope for was a draw. Wasn’t meant to be and credit to Granada!

1 Like

Totally embarrassing. Diego Carlos confirming again that he’s an average defender AT BEST, often below average. We only have Kounde to truly count on for the defense.

Jordan was totally disorganized after missing that header (Navas cross). He was too nervous and impatient, which led to a stupid second yellow - add to that the incompetence of the disastrous referee = a fatal combination.

It seems that Lope needs to change the mental charging approach of the players. They seem too anxious at times and this won’t help, especially this season with an overloaded calendar. To lose like this against this Granada is nothing but a shame, and a sign that we are definitely not in for the top 3 race, maybe 4th place at best, let alone the title race. We may not lack depth in numbers but we totally lack depth in quality and that will most likely cost us.

1 Like

Rakitic is way too slow now, but sadly neither oliver , gudelj or oscar is good enough to take his spot.
And I cant see Carlos Fernandez earn a lot of minutes. He has to show his ability otherwise we may only see him in CDR.

2 Likes

Sergi Gomez take at least 60% responsibility i would say.

1 Like

Early to say it, but as we experienced it in the past, this could be done on purpose by referees so that they kill off the momentum of Sevilla - which leads to the usual top 3 to have their way in La Liga while we’ll battle for the 4th place with the rest (like almost always when we have a decent first team).

1 Like

He definitely has his own share of the fault, as he lost his player, but Kounde would’ve cleared that without any trouble - that’s why he’s a top defender and not an average defender like Diego Carlos. We can’t expect much from the below average Sergi Gomez.

2 Likes

First La Liga loss since February. Let’s not get too upset. Lot’s of odds against Sevilla in this match and we failed at most. Navas’ first half and Munir about the only bright spots.

2 Likes

Not enough creativity with Jordán & Rakitic in midfield. Oliver or Oscar needs to be there. We’ll see next week.

5 Likes

Bah what a crap result. :pensive:

2 Likes

Can’t agree on that

Totally agree with that

If we are a genuine title challenger, yes. But Granada are not a bad outfit.

He was moving well in the first 30 minutes and then tapered off. This is what I dreaded with Rakitic, I don’t want to see Sevillismo against this legend.

Regarding the referee, he was ok for the first 40 minutes and then decided to ignore the advantage rule and stop a really promising counter for Sevilla. It was all downhill from thereon.

Shit, I hate to lose the first game of the weekend because now I can’t watch the other games, think I’ll go fishing.

6 Likes