MD6: Granada vs Sevilla [20/21]

Unfortunate game I suppose. got me disappointed. Yet, I agree that Granada can be a hard nut to crack but I guess the impact of our absences was big enough. Reading about somewhat panicking unorganized play is a downer too. Doesn’t sound like a positive rehearsal for Chelsea, they will punish stuff like this.

Hope we reset well and step it up next Wednesday. A double loss would be a big hit.

3 Likes

Couldn’t watch it so kept updated on my phone. I suppose we started brightly but the red card probably changed the game. Would’ve liked Rekik to start the game in place of Gomez but oh well.

Only thing which irked me is why start Navas, guy has started almost every game over the International break, and was listed as a doubt for this one, he’s also the only available senior right back for the CL yet still has to start the game and see it to the finish, worst part is Sevilla lost which makes this an even worse decision in hindsight. Vidal could’ve gotten run out and some first team football under his belt, he will be needed to play with the congested schedule.

Chelsea went two up against Southampton before giving all back, then scored through Havertz only to lose to a last gasp strike for a 3-3 draw. If Kepa starts Sevilla have a chance but Werner and Havertz have started gaining form along with Pulisic and Ziyech coming back into the fold. Sevilla have to make things count offensively and defensively especially with Kounde out.

3 Likes

Our games are gradually becoming unbearable to watch. It’s not pleasing to the eye at all. I wasn’t surprised that we lost though, it was about time our ultra defensive style caught up to us. Hope lopetegui tweaks things up to give this team some attacking swagger.
Kudos to Cadiz and getafe for winning against Madrid and Barca respectively. We are still in it. Performances from our rivals really revealed that both clubs are in their lowest of low form. This is our time to win the league.
Fibally, i am disappointed in the attacking play of la liga clubs. It used to be more dynamic, attractive and daring. What’s happening to our beloved la liga?

5 Likes

Teams in Europe started to counter the La Liga way and now the teams are having to try and find another way to win.

2 Likes

Carlos Fernandez disappointed me as he was highly regarded around the forum, now that I have seen him play, I am worried that none of our strikers stands as a threat against decent CL sides.
Moreover, the team seemed to lost its fluency in pass traffic. Things happen more slowly. And we have a Suso who can’t cross. Rakitic too predictable. We need more pace and creativity to match Chelsea.

3 Likes

He wasn’t able to flourish because of our style of play. We defended throughout the game. I think we are going to pay for the loss of reguilon. He offered so much attacking contribution on our left flank. The failure to replace banega is affecting us too. He provided us an outlet when we are being consistently pressed, could handle the ball,draw fouls and ease the pressure when we are on the defence. Hope Jordan is given the banega role in the middle

6 Likes