MD5: Barcelona vs Sevilla [20/21]

This feels like 2 points lost. YEN and Jordan not making the correct passes at the end.

2 Likes

Agreed, was a very very beatable Barcelona. Should have gone for it. Around minute 60 we had some good pressure, felt like we should have pushed that a bit more. But we let it slip.

3 Likes

In the end, a point, is acceptable. Good battle, okay result. It’s tough not to be happy with a point against Barça. They only got weaker, their subs where fillers. But I agree with Tim, we threw it.

3 Likes

The bit that annoyed me most was a few of our lads having shots from 25-30 yards for no reason. Why?! Remember Rakitic and Jordan wasting possession around their box by having stupid shots.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite. Getting a draw at Barca is like winning the league for me. How long have we had to wait to get a result at camp nou? Like 18 years without even a draw. That’s an amazing result! Well done lads. Plus lopetegui is a great manager. I love how he changes things in matches. He made great subs again.

4 Likes

I like that a lot of you weren’t satisfied with the draw. That’s the spirit guys! :grin:

6 Likes

We signed Rekik for 5 years. Dutch analyst is stating its a good buy and he developed well in Germany. Let’s see.

4 Likes

Honestly, we should have won this one. Barca had the ball a bit more but didn’t do anything with it, the match could go either way at any moment. I was disappointed with Oliver Torres, although he played only 10 minutes and it’s harsh to judge him on those minutes, but he can do much much better in these kind of games. His final pass was lacking and he held on to the ball for too long at times, unnecessarily.

I also have a feeling that Lope kept De Jong on the pitch a little longer than he should have. With YEN and Munir we had more pace, but then why sub off Ocampos? Sure it wasn’t his night, but he had the pace at least and De Jong wasn’t providing much after the goal.

Anyway, we are only talking like this because of the greatness of this squad. Hopefully something great is in the making.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

6 Likes

That’s the level we are at. We still have things to solve, like YEN, but we turned up the volume and got distracted by the changes. minute 84 to 89 we had them beat and it just disappeared, then they had us backing up for the last 5 minutes.

6 Likes

It’s quite awesome isn’t it? One can notice the collective pessimistic mentality of the past is still persistent before the matches, but once the match begins and the team starts showing that we’re in for greater things, we as fans relax and the perspective changes - we aim higher.

Hopefully we don’t jinx it and we continue to produce this kind of football.

3 Likes

Honestly I was clenching my buttcheeks when Diego Carlos slid a tackle and touched Messi’s feet. On a bad Day, this would have been a penalty I swear.

3 Likes

Agreed, a lot of rough edges to smooth out, I would think a competent trainer could do that.

3 Likes

VAR is always our enemy vs. Barca, RM and even Atletico.

2 Likes

Good defensive work and pressing.
I hope Idrissi would bring some hope to our offensive play.

1 Like

Agreed on Oliver. Too keen to pause of the ball and check back. He needs to play on the half turn and look to spray the ball forward. It won’t be long before Oscar steals his minutes.

4 Likes

Lack of depth in striker department comes to haunt us again. Vs. Bayern, we could have beaten them had we had a quality finisher.

1 Like

Been reading up on some Barça comments, loads of complaining and pointing at the VAR and the penalty, the irony makes me smile

1 Like

Agree 100%. Some progress, but still have things to improve. We now have players like Oscar & Idrissi to hopefully improve the team’s attack.

Barca fans… thinking the match took place in RSP :worried:

5 Likes

About an average Barça ‘fan’ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes