MD5: Barcelona vs Sevilla [20/21]

What penalty? DC got the ball. :thinking::confused:

3 Likes

Draw isnā€™t good enough. This Barca team isnt that grand. Coming into this game, I knew kounde will keep ansu fati in check. We will regret later for not taking all three points. This is our chance to win the la liga before monchi sells the entire squad

5 Likes

Had to turn in shortly after I posted as kick-off was 3am. Will take the result and add some thoughts after watching the stats, highlights and your comments.

The result.
Flatters to deceive, Sevilla only had 1 sot while Barca had 6, the books will say Barca controlled the game and were unlucky to draw, those watching the game will know it was more to that, Sevilla could have had a result and issued a statement to La Liga early, given Sevilla only managed a draw while the rest were all loses at Camp Nou in the last decade Iā€™ll take it, also nice to get this fixture out of the way early in the season before it could disrupt any momentum mid-season. With this down the other difficult ones will be Real, Atletico and Villarreal away.

Players
Like you guys said, Sevilla could have snatched it at several intervals, just player quality letting them down. YEN couldā€™ve done better but Sevilla have to build his confidence slowly. Ocampos seems to be trying to do too much on his own, and that shows in the first few games; might need the international break to get his head back in the proper place. Havenā€™t seen Oliver yet so Iā€™ll take your word as being too passive, really wanted Oscar to come on as a sub, Lope should start giving him major minutes as the season progresses. Best news was that CF made it off the bench, it was only on 85ā€™ but better than none, shows heā€™s included in the clubs plans, right?

Navas
A number of you stated it was one of his more tepid games plagued by errors and Iā€™m not surprised. Weā€™ve been saying for over a year that relying on a 34 year old to hold your entire right flank together is like walking on a tightrope, if there wasnā€™t the covid enforced break last season could have been different. Now the transfer window is about to close and still no backup has been found, putting the position in dire circumstances. Having Suso who isnā€™t known for tracking back isnā€™t helping either. Maybe Monchi thinks Kounde could deputize? Anyhow the past four games are akin to amount of rest the squad would get with the CL group stages and itā€™s not looking good, at all.

Lope
Rode his luck in the away win to Cadiz and home win against Levante but this was better, guess he shows up for the bigger fixtures. Was overly cautious to throw Gudelj in but wanted to secure the point. The period from mid-October to December will be the big test, he has around 10 days to mull over tactics and selection, get it right and Sevilla could come charging out of the gates.

4 Likes

I love Jordanā€™s reaction, pure passion :rofl: : https://twitter.com/i/status/1312873453549125642

3 Likes

I remember seeing it during the game, absolutely ridiculous decision by the referee too. Never a foul. Munir was in on goal too.

3 Likes

He gave too many soft fouls for Barca, shameful.

1 Like

I was screaming at that call. Woke the dog up. haha

3 Likes

An excellent point for us against a side that we normally lose to. We may look back on the game and think we could have won it but you canā€™t argue with a point. We would have took it at the start of the game.

3 Likes