MD3 - Almeria vs Sevilla FC [22/23]

Lost our shape in the 2nd half, and allowed Almería back into the game. Seen great things from this performance, but not the desired result.

I’m still confident ahead of Barcelona. Just hoping the players & staff will be too.

For some time I wanted to buy tickets if Sevilla got to play a Champions League game in the Netherlands or against Dortmund. But I will not be paying good money to get myself embarressed, so that idea is clearly out of the window.

2 Likes

Well if you have 75% of possession the other team only has 22 minutes to score, it’s a sure advantage.(Sampaoli had outrageous possession stats)

If you have strikers that can score it helps a lot.

Mathematics.

I don’t understand what Dopeytegui plays but he’s on the out bus.

2 Likes

Gentlemen, What do we think our goal deficit will be for the next two games? It could be a shocking number.

2 Likes

What great things you see? Only in the first half we did alright. In the 2nd half we did nothing against a newly promoted side. I don’t see much positivity under this current regime.

We have to change something or this is going to be a very miserable season for us all.

1 Like

Anything under 3 per match and I’ll consider it as a success if we keep things as they are. Just like the lower tier teams when they face top level clubs in the first rounds of CDR. They are happy just to participate and concede as less as possible… rarely do they even think about trying to win.

2 Likes

Edi is a very nice and positive guy in general… but I admire his ability to be positive even in such circumstances. Had this been the first season with Lope I’d most likely be more patient… but after all we’ve seen and experienced for all this time? I don’t know…

2 Likes

I’m an eternal optimist, but this is just delusional, my friend.

I’m starting to get on the train with the Fire Lopetegui camp. This team is WAY too expensive to be playing this bad. If we had a mediocre squad, I would be less inclined to be offended, but we paid for a really excellent squad, and this quality of play is just indefensible.

2 Likes

I’m no gentleman but I think we’ll put up a robust performance against the Cules of Barca.

2 Likes

This!

3 Likes

That is cool. It’s good to still try to see the light at end of tunnel. As currently the rot has truly set in.

We did start well and created some chances but I still never felt like we were gonna score a few or they were very worried. The first half was ok but in the 2nd sadly we just disappeared again.

I agree had this been season 1 we would stay more patient but this is as good as it will get because the manager is stubborn and won’t change.

I like lope. He’s a good guy and I’m grateful for him helping us get 4th and also a Europa league. However, since about January/February last season it’s been mainly downhill. It’s only gonna continue that path unless the club wakes up and makes chsnges.

1 Like

Lopetegui has to go. We need fresh ideas and 1 point so far is unacceptable especially taking into account the opponents. Would love Sampaoli or Poch, but I doubt we have the balls to sack Lope right before playing Barca and Man City.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be something. However, it’s not that it will solve anything keeping him for those matches. Even if by a miracle we end up not conceding a debacle, drawing or even winning one of the games, still - there is a fundamental issue with the way he manages the team and we have to get rid of that philosophy.

Yeah I agree bro. I think we personally should sack him now. He looks fed up and despondent. The guy is lacking passion now and players aren’t playing for him.

The sooner we change the better. There is no way we will be anywhere near 4th or maybe even top 6 if we keep this current setup. Other teams have moved past us now, play better football, strengthened and just better morale at the clubs.

I fear for us against Barca and Man City. Just don’t know where our first win is going to come from. It’s truly sad to see our demise. I just hope the club wakes up and reacts before it’s to late.

The thing is now he’s not even getting the results to paper the cracks. All the teams have worked us out and the luck has ran out.

Therefore, nothing is currently going in the team or lope favour. If we can keep the score down against Barca, City and Villarreal it will be an achievement I feel.

We have espanyol in that run too but won’t be easy either due to our poor away form for ages.

Deficit? I could see a 1-0 win vs Barça, and draw vs City.

Creating superiority in midfield, playing Lamela in same line as Rafa, and addressing our lack of a LW and making our attackers play thru there. Also as @Jesus alluded to, the movement off the ball opened up more spaces for danger. We just don’t like to step on other teams’ throats, and it backfired.

We raise our game against the big teams, and i still think we can step to this Barça side. We got outdone by a brilliant Pedri goal last time out. I l know it’s a new team, with even better players, i’m not so sure they’re that much better than us yet. Lopetegui has obviously been let down by Monchi’s lack of work in the market and is making the most out of what he has.

2 Likes

Also, i’m done watching La Liga. There’s no way Spain’s top refs are officiating games like this and calling it the standard.

2 Likes

Yes, This. The referees are ruining the games. It’s just hard to watch a match, no matter who’s playing

2 Likes

The voice of the fans is clear.
LOPETEGUI RESIGN!!!

Has he gone yet?

1 Like

Didn’t get to watch it, I got back in my hometown and went to the local festival and caught up with my old friends.

I honestly had to laugh when I saw the result, out of pity, I want them to have the balls to not fire him, and endure the whole season as all seasons before this could have gone as well. That would show how much they really support him and his football, but as said before there is not much speaking in his favour when the results fall away. It’s catching up.

I wanted to get some Rogelio quotes up here to hype up Lope. But even he had enough it seems.

2 Likes