MD2 - Sevilla FC vs Valladolid [22/23]

Just shows how exceptional our defence and Bono were the past couple of seasons. As they carried us to the position of 4th place. We look so far away from 4th place right now.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll be lucky to get mid-table the way weā€™re playing right now.

Agree that Almeria is already Lopeā€™s cup final, a derby game we simply have to win with Barca after that. Weā€™ve not done well on the road recently either so Iā€™m not particularly confident!

1 Like

And letā€™s be totally honest. Without Asenjoā€™s error, we lose that game and things would be even worse. It took a mistake for us to score another lucky goal.

4 Likes

I felt despite playing well first half we still didnā€™t look like scoring. Then in the 2nd half we went back to the boring lope ball. Like you said we got given a gift. They carved us open to score but there blunder give us the draw or we would have lost.

Itā€™s to much huff and puff but no end product. The amount bad crosses we did wasnā€™t pretty to see either. Itā€™s been a recurring problem, for ages under this system now. Things have to change fast or we will get left behind. In football you canā€™t stand still or it goes downhill quick.

2 Likes

Yeah away form hasnā€™t been great for a while. Itā€™s been a while since our last win on the road. Almeria will be bang up for it as well being a derby. They made it difficult for the mighty Real Madrid so we in for another tough test it seems. Letā€™s hope for the best but yeah Iā€™m not confident either.

There are promising signs but overall we go inconsistent and still revert back to that type in games. Our forwards simply arenā€™t good enough at the top level we crave. Monchi would be mad not to try and also get a better forward in before the transfer deadline shuts. We simply canā€™t rely on Mir or YEN anymore.

2 Likes

It seemed all attacking ability stopped after Jordan missed that through ball to Papu.

3 Likes

This is when you guys have to support Lope btw. Half of these signings came because of Lope. How much of a clown are you if after a bad start, fire the coach after just in the off season building a team along side him and repeatedly giving full trust. No way are we such an emotional club. But now we are here, we are here.

2 Likes

Papu was the only one as usual who tried to do something different and Lope takes him off for a clearly lacking in match fitness Isco.

3 Likes

Iscoā€™s feet were heavier than a herd of elephants.

3 Likes

Yes Mir and YEN bang average like too many of this team and Lopeā€™s tactics.

Something has to give.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll leave that to @Rogelio :stuck_out_tongue:

Hoping for things to changeā€¦ but weā€™ve hoped for too long now since 2020-21. Sacking him now could be a logistical mess, but it could be too late until January as well. Itā€™s tough to predict.

Remember that Simeone took charge of Atletico in December 2011 after Gregorio Manzano was sacked and the rest is history.

2 Likes

I think he should have been sacked at the end of last season. I can understand why he was kept on securing us another 4th place finish, but we were on the slide all of the second part of the season and the problems were obvious to see. The football wasnā€™t good.

That has continued this season minus Kounde and Carlos who bailed him out on numerous occasions. With the exception of a quick turnaround in our fortunes, I suspect Lopeā€™s days may be numbered.

3 Likes

12 corners, plus countless crosses and not 1 player got his head to any of them. 2 shots against a very poor Valladolid, Nothing has changed since last mid season.
As much as I have defended him in the past Lope has to go.

4 Likes

In 2020-21 we had a bad start and then we got a record amount of points. Letā€™s be real he wonā€™t get sacked soon, unless we donā€™t win the next three to four games or something. And thatā€™s the only reason in which he should be sacked soon. Sacking him this early would be a mess.

2 Likes

If we drop points next week he gone after we lose yo Barcelona. Imo short rope

1 Like

Shows how much I pay attention to football these days. :sweat_smile: I checked out our score and was like who the hell is at Centre Back with Rekik. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah where you been lately? You crash a train?

1 Like

Probably too busy on the picket line. :smile:

2 Likes

Watched the match on recording this morning.
First half was much better than most of recent games incl most of second half of last season, but again the lack of better goalscorer hurt the team and even against the newly promoted team who lost their first game 0-3 at home we couldnā€™t take the lead. Lamela performed well with effective creative play and his usual tenacity in winning the ball back for the team.
Second half Valladolid regrouped while Seviila seemed to decide to go for as many crosses as possible, but without required quality. Lope seemed to try to change that tactics later on but it was then too little too late.
Ocampos and Rakitic came on and showed their weak defensive play letting Anuar go past both of them without any challenge from them.
Luckily Lamela was still trying hard, winning the ball after tracking their player back to halfway line and starting the counter that led to our equaliser.

Monchi really has to get a better striker who could help bring more goals or Lope has to play both Mir and YEN in the matches we should win. Having just one of them up front makes it easy for opposition defenders and limits the choices for midfielders to play attacking passes as there is not enough good movement in and around the box with just one of Mir or YEN there.

4 Likes

Just wait a minute while I take the red nose off.

There, Right, do you let the fire get to the door before you get your ass off the sofa?

Itā€™s time.