MD2 - Sevilla FC vs Valladolid [22/23]

Just fed up of football mate. I pop in every now and again to see whats going on, but my full focus is on baseball these days.

4 Likes

We willingly decided to let the fire in tho, and ignored all the warnings. We get to live the full experience now, that we asked for. We even bought some more furniture to make sure it really gets lit good. Now it’s time to sit on the blisters, as we say in Holland.

The furniture is fine. It’s Lope that doesn’t know how to use it.
With players like Papu, Tecatito, Lamela, Oliver and Acuña we should have more than enough creativity and yet they’re like Zombies under Lope.

Lope sits on the TV and points the remote control at the sofa.

3 Likes

I agree with what you saying. We could have changed in summer. To give more time for a new manager to implement new philosophy with players and new signings. Now it’s a worse time to do it as season started and transfer window shutting.

We kept him as a reward for being in top 4 for 3 straight seasons but the way we finished last season was real cause for worry. We stayed with him out of loyalty for a few solid years and keeping us in champions league but we knew he needed a strong start this season.

However, if things get very bad and we don’t win any of the first 6/7 games or so and football still dire he could have to be booted. If we hit a bigger crisis point then a change will be needed to lift the club. We not at that point yet but it might not be far away if things don’t improve.

It’s like approaching a big iceberg and know you going to hit it and do nothing about it isn’t a wise move. Despite deciding to keep him if things get very bad then we may will have no choice but to change things.

Oh wow. Is the bat flat? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

We could be missing Acuña for up to four games. Everything depends on the interpretation of the Competition Committee on his direct red card.

If I remember correctly, KoundĂ© got only a game for his incidents last season, so I wouldn’t worry too much.

1 Like

My understanding is that it may have also been a bit of a financial decision to keep him. He has two years left in his contract and it would cost a big chunk of cash to get rid of Lopetegui.

I’m going to give him 3 more matches, personally, to show a different team. He has full weeks of training to start remaking the team, so there won’t be an excuse after next few weeks. Rarely does a trainer get sacked for losing to a galáctico, so I would say Espanyol is the match to be watching if we don’t get a W before then.

It would be nonsense to fire him before that. But I’m rooting for him to pull through, pull a rabbit out of his hat in coming matches. Hoping for Marcão and Nianzou to lock down some clean sheets and some lucky goals up front. That’s about all we can hope for these days

7 Likes

12 million buyout is what I read somewhere

1 Like
4 Likes