M5: Real Sociedad vs Sevilla FC [21/22]

the first 10 minutes or so was pretty wide open in both directions. but then they tightened up on us and we havent handled it well.

3 Likes

They are better than us, plain and simple. It just baffles me that we have to start like this every single game. Lope-ball has been read by every single manager, but then something happens at half-time and we are a whole different team for the last 45 minutes. If we could only play the second half of every game we would be far more interestingā€¦

4 Likes

Second half is not when we start playing well. Itā€™s when desperate Lope takes charge of things and we go for the opportunistic approach of just putting attacking bodies in there, the tactical play is still very limited.

4 Likes

First shot on goal I think in the 43 minute. RAkitic on a volley from 25 yards or more out.

3 Likes

Absolutely. ā€˜Somethingā€™ happens. And that ā€˜somethingā€™ is difficult to define. Just absolute chaos.

1 Like

What are we afraid of? Weā€™ve seen how La Real defends.

We have no major injuries, and this is the Sevilla we get? This is a title contender?

6 Likes

Nothingā€™s working - Bono is our best player so far this season, this alone tells a lot!

Bring in Oscar and Ocampos, letā€™s try to play some god damn football in the second half. Weā€™re extremely pathetic this way, itā€™s unwatchable.

The penalty was 50-50 but Lahoz is not at fault to give it, DC is notorious for causing stupid penalties, just like Vitolo was notorious for diving.

5 Likes

This is a relegation-avoiding contender at best.

1 Like

I keep believing we turn this around, but to be honest I am hardheaded it wonā€™t happen this time. A magical clutch ball on Rafa Mirs head? Nesyri pulling something out of the sleeve? Oscar shooting from distance? If Anything itā€™s probably pure luck.
Normally watching a bad team, I start imaging how will they even be able to score a goal? Bad feeling, that is actually us right nowā€¦

3 Likes

Bono saved us first half. Again we were underwhelming but at least we kept them out albeit with some luck and Bono heroics.

The problem for me at the moment is too much sloppy passing and lack of cohesion. This has to change fast because we canā€™t keep starting games this poorly. We need doing it every match bar the first game against Rayo.

I hope we improve 2nd half and so far this season this has been the trend. I hope raise the level because this just isnā€™t good enough in an attacking sense. We have to try make the most of the fact they didnā€™t punish us first half. Iā€™d get rakitic off as he on a yellow and bring Oscar on. Need more pace in the midfield too.

5 Likes

Another poor performance so far. Been the story of our season to date.

We look toothless going forward and canā€™t keep possession. Thereā€™s just nothing and weā€™ve been limited to long range efforts. Sociedad comfortably the better side and weā€™re very lucky not to be behind. Bono is the reason why weā€™re not losing after his save from the penalty and Isak chance.

3 Likes

Absolutely not @Niller weā€™re just playing the Lopetegui plan which appears to be to rob La Real later in the game. Weā€™ve withstood everything theyā€™ve thrown against us and the only real danger has been what we have created (against ourselves)

That doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t have complaints ā€¦
We havenā€™t transitioned out of defence well.
Some players are just not themselves at the moment.
Delaney is disappointing and Rakitic is on a yellow, so thatā€™s a problem.
AcuƱa isnā€™t the same player this season.
The penalty problem is not a statistical blip, we have a problem. If you discount the 2 questionable penalties it still leave 2 clear penalties in 2 games ā€¦ so thatā€™s not over yet.

2 Likes

I know Lope likes his 4-3-3 but Iā€™m not sure the personnel on hand is optimal for that. I look at Bayernā€™s 4-2-3-1 and think Sevillaā€™s roster would be optimal in that formation. A strong back 4, depth to rotate the 2 in front of the back 4 who can also provide offensive impetus, Papu playing behind the lone striker since we only have two.

Weā€™re not getting the same offensive push from Acuna and Navas, maybe weā€™ve asked them to run a lot of miles over the past yearā€¦

5 Likes

Heā€™s listened to you bro. Oscar and ocampos coming on haha

6 Likes

well thereā€™s our best attack of the game. (and it wasnt that greatā€¦ but at least not bad). tho it came out of a rapid counter/transition. we didnā€™t really play out the back, we just forced a turnover and coutnered.

1 Like

I missed the first half, saw that Bono saved a penalty. Who do you think has played the best so far, bar Bono?

1 Like

thatā€™s it. thatā€™s the entire list

3 Likes

much brighter starting out this half. for sure.

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

1 Like

Good cross and decent chance as ocampos heads wide from a Navas cross

1 Like