M29: Levante vs Sevilla [2019-20]

LEVANTE UD (12th) vs. SEVILLA FC (3th)

1330 EST / 1930 CET / 0530 AEST

It couldn’t have been a better start for us in terms of consolidating our spot in the CL next season. The only way to make it count is through consistency. Although these matches will come in quickly, it’s still a long way till we achieve this season’s goal.

Our opponent will be a tricky Levante side who are just coming off a derby of their own against Valencia. They managed to salvage a draw through a 98th minute penalty, after playing with 10-men for the last 15-20 minutes. They are also playing away from their traditional stadium, this time at the Camilo Cano de La Nucia stadium in Alicante. It’s possible this feels like a neutral ground for both teams.

The entire squad is traveling to Alicante, as Gudelj returns after serving his suspension. Pepe Mena & Genaro are the only cantera players included this time.

Projected XI (4-3-3): Vaclík; Navas, Gómez, Diego Carlos, Escudero; Gudelj, Jordán, Banega; Suso, De Jong, Nolito.

All eyes will certainly be on José Campaña this evening. The ex-Sevilla man is having a stellar campaign so far, and was as impressive in last Friday’s Valencian derby. Perhaps this will be his audition for Sevilla’s midfield next season?

Levante suffered their worst ever defeat (2-6) to us in this fixture last year, but we aren’t the same all-out attacking side from then. On the contrary, we seemed to have maintained our resolute defence from earlier this season. Will our away form — 2nd best in the league — follow suit?

#VamosMiSevilla
#BackToWin

4 Likes

Thanks for the visuals @TimSpence2

4 Likes

Should be a good match! It’s a big opportunity for us to get clear daylight between ourselves and the chasing pack. This is normally when we drop the ball. Hopefully we can avoid the upset and claim a big win.

We have a fully fit squad and I think they new addition of using 5 subs will help us big time too. We have a big squad and this way more players will get more minutes. Let’s hope we carry on the form we showed against Betis where we impressed for large periods. Levante not at their own stadium which is a boost too. Let’s make it count. Vamos!

4 Likes

I think Jordan will get to ‘rest’ on the bench.

Looking at the image of the stadium, I’m not impressed by the floodlights.

2 Likes

Only 3 changes: Escudero, Gudelj & Banega.

1 Like

Wow, doesn’t seem that stadium, is this a CG virual stadium?

Sevilla gradually taking command of the game but without convincing much. The first 5 minutes were Levante and now it’s all Sevilla but we don’t look like scoring many. Munir free-kick hits the bar. Sevilla continue to get corners, there’s always a chance there.

Would have liked to see En Nesyri and Oliver in the team. Hope to see Rony later.

1 Like

I don’t think De Jong has connected with a single lay-off so far.

1 Like

Well, 1st 45 minutes just going through the motions, but can do better!!
All foreplay & no penetration, same old story…

4 Likes

We did a decent half. Controlled the possession and looked solid at back. Just not quite enough cutting edge and lack of chances in the final 3rd. It’s been our main problem this season at times but their are signs we might unlock the door at some point.

We have players on the bench that can change this game. Oliver and en neysri for sure can make a big difference with their energy and pace. We can do more but overall it’s a decent 45 minutes from us. Vamos!

1 Like

Vamos!!! De jong!!

1 Like

That’s how you start!! Vamos!

2 Likes

Brilliant football. Just what we wanted. Great ball by munir!

1 Like

0-1 goal !!!

This is how I see Sevilla. The goal is Sharon Stone, nude. crossing her legs under interrogation Begging for attention, all it needs is someone to say ‘step aside chaps, I’m in there’. Ocampos for example would stumble straight in maybe do something premature.

Navas would go home and write love letters, half the team would send flowers, but what we need is a Romeo or Casanova.

2 Likes

Triple subs by Lopetegui! Good moves!

1 Like

Good changes but Sevilla need another goal to close the game up, otherwise we’ll be playing out with nerves.

2 Likes

En Neysiri looks set to enter.

Sevilla are playing too defensive, I don’t know what they’re doing but I believe they do, so that’s good enough for me.

I agree we have to be careful. En neysri on for de Jong is good move. They will take more chances, we have got to look to try get a 2nd. Better than just trying to see it out.

1 Like

Lucky to avoid the equalizer then the corner results in goal 1-1

Damn! Always the worry when only 1-0 up!

1 Like