Happy La Liga 2019-2020!

Yeah way too many games in such a short period to be too confident.

Pozo looked pretty good against Barca today. One of the only players that made something happen for Mallorca. They have him playing RB though although he did get 90. Saw a bit of Amadou earlier too and he didn’t impress very much what little I saw of him.

3 Likes

I watched Mallorca Barca, Mallorca look too good to go down though they’re really mired in it, in big trouble down there. It’s that Celta climbed out of the relegation zone by 1 point but continue to suicide, just like Leganes it’s suicide every week, just need strong discipline. The catch by Pacheco outside the box, straight red card, it doesn’t have any explanation.

But I thought Mallorca created a lot of chances and had Barca wide open for periods of the game,

2 Likes

He came for the ball over the top and it bounced higher than he anticipated. :sweat_smile: Not really much more to explain. Why did he catch it? Probably because he thought if he left it the player would have scored into an open goal.

Slightly frustrated personally to hear that a very exciting attacking talent in Alex Pozo seems to keep being stifled into playing as a Right Back. I just don’t get it personally I have to be honest.

It’s worse than that, he’s only played 6 games.

1 Like

A very good round for us! None of Sociedad, getafe, atletico, Valencia managed to win. We have opened a nice cushion in 3rd. Hopefully we can extend it by winning at levante tomorrow night! Vamos!

4 Likes

Just about to post the same mark. It couldn’t have gone much better for us

4 Likes

Let’s not do our usual now please and lose like 3-0 when we have a chance of extending our gap. :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

4 Likes

Yeah, we could barely have imagined better results.

Have you seen where we’re playing tonight? Alicante.

2 Likes

Wow - Levante’s stadium under construction?

The club has taken advantage of the stoppage due to the coronavirus to advance works at the Ciutat Stadium in Valencia. The works began on April 14 and will last three months, so Levante asked La Liga for permission to change the venue of their matches and has moved to La Nucía Alicante.

2 Likes

I suppose at this time a stadium that small probably doesn’t matter. If it had been during a season with crowds they may have had to ask to use one of my favourite looking stadiums, the José Rico Pérez.

Atlético thrash Osasuna. They were very good. Fair play to them. Our top 3 hopes in jeopardy but I’m still confident of a top 4 finish though!

2 Likes

Waaaahooooooo
Well done Alavez, stuffing Real Sociedad 2-0

3 Likes

Yeeep, many following teams being kept down. Still means we have to perform tomorrow, next week it won´t go like that again. So far its just limiting damage from this weeks first game.

3 Likes

We probably will perform tomorrow, a solid performance is likely, but it doesn’t guarantee a result against Barcelona with Gonzalez Gonzalez as referee.

1 Like

Wow, Asensio scoring on his 1st touch after returning after a long term injury. :clap:

Word is that if Sevilla beats Barça tomorrow, Madrid will keep their end of the bargain and beat Sociedad as well.

Sidebar: que golazo de Benzema¡!

1 Like

Bloody Hell, Churripi playing for Valladolid tonight! :sweat_smile:

And despite still having a clean sheet with 20 minutes to go, I can now see why we let him go.