LaLiga 2021-22 Season Thread

Real Madrid are just so consistent. They will take some stopping.

3 Likes

How comes there are no matches on either the weekend of 15/16 January or 29/30 January?

Celta had 9 players come back with Covid. How many do you think we will have?

I think you have to have 13 senior players to field a squad and you have to start with 7 seniors in a match.

2 Likes

They mentioned in the Barca game here last week that Xavi had to change his plans for the team as the team he wanted to field he couldn’t otherwise they would have had less than the 7 senior players. Then if one of the senior players got injured / sent off they would have had to forfeit the game. :sweat_smile:

I find that ruling bloody stupid though, why are First Team players and B / C team players on different contracts? If you are signed to Sevilla, Barcelona, Valencia etc you should be able to play in the first team regardless in my opinion.

2 Likes

Cadiz have 5 players down.

2 Likes

Half of our squad already had covid before I swear. We should be super immune to it by now, especially Bono, pretty sure he’s had it twice. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hi covid!!! :raising_hand_man:t4:

1 Like

Barcelona now apparently have a special buyout with Juventus for De Ligt if they want that is almost €50m less than anyone else would have to pay. Also Cristiano Ronaldo has supposedly tried to make contact with Barcelona about a move there.

Surrey, if you Google ‘Ronaldo Barcelona’ every article says that was a ‘Dia de los Inocentes’ joke. You got fooled man :rofl:

4 Likes

Was on Football Espana. Usually a pretty reliable source to be honest.

1 Like

Now Barcelona linked to Alvaro Morata. Absolutely ridiculous.

1 Like

You remember that comment Xavi made about being more like Sevilla financially? Yeah I guess he forgot too. haha

2 Likes

Everyone knows the best way to get out of debt is through spending more money

2 Likes

They’ve basically been given a 9 year loan. They are spending money they don’t actually have, it’s an absolute farce.

4 Likes

They’ve always been given a leg up on fellow teams and always will. Unfortunately just the way it is.

1 Like

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I have mixed feeling about this. I don’t want them to sign all these players to buy success.

But I believe LaLiga as a whole needs these big names. Going from the Ronaldos and Messi and other big names before them. For sponsorship and getting the reputation back up again.

The draw from outside of Spain has definitely dropped since ronaldo and messi left. I’ve noticed this even at work. People would always watch games or bet on them ect. Since they left, they all lost interest in Spanish football and say it’s boring and the standards dropped.

Obviously for the league the likes of us and other clubs challenging the big boys is great and it’s needed. But sadly for outsiders and sponsors ect the big boys need the names for the whole league financial success

1 Like

I get the point… But La Liga was the “BIG ONE” long before Ronaldo and Messi.

Yes I agree, but the day and age we are in now. Unfortunately to most football fans it was only big because of ronaldo and messi in recent times.

I’m just going off opinions of friends or social media. Interest in LaLiga has definitely dropped since they left.

We will always believe differently due to having a actual interest in the league. But to most who just support Man Utd will say it’s a poor league now. I was even told last night that serie a and bundesliga are bigger :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember when Serie A was THE one to watch. Back in the glory days of Football Italia on Channel 4 on a Sunday. :sweat_smile:

Used to get home from playing football on a Sunday morning, Mum would have the roast dinner on the go, quick shower then stick C4 on the TV to catch whatever game it was. Usually one of Inter, Milan or Juventus, although occasionally you’d get some ropey game like Verona v Reggiana. :grimacing: