LaLiga 2021-22 Season Thread

True they both pretty bad. Good news for us though :joy:

1 Like

I appreciate your positivity Mark, I just disagree with how you are projecting us, although we have nothing to show for. If we stomp Valencia 3-0 I might change, but I haven’t seen anything as of lately that would lead me to believe that will happen. Yet you see us as competitor for the title. To me that doesn’t go together, but we will see how the weeks pass, and actually see how good we are or not. A bit more games will tell us more.

1 Like

They also rumour, Pirlo as Laportas first choice.

1 Like

I agree that we aren’t the finished article and need to improve things. However, comparing us to the other teams we not worse off than any apart from Real Madrid. Only they look a class above us right now.

You watch atleti and Barca and other teams and they have many problems too. That is why it’s too soon to panic and 2nd place is very much possible. The title challenge looks difficult because of Real Madrid but if they slump then there’s no stand out team and it’s wide open. We still unbeaten and not playing great which for me is a good sign in a way.

I just think we need a bit perspective on here. Some of the doom and gloom on here you’d think we bottom of the league and never had the previous 2 good seasons in the league.

2 Likes

1-0 against Valencia will do me. I’m not greedy man :wink:

2 Likes

Well I think if you want to look at perspective, on the pitch we are objectively worst than any of those two seasons. Hence my concern. It’s my current view, not of last year, not of the one before that one. beforehand I would see us win the Valencia game last season for example. But at this stage, with this Valencia, I don’t. But the next results will show it.

2 Likes

True point made. I think it’s a big game tomorrow because if we can win it, then it will give us more confidence and could be a turning point. It will be tricky but I have faith we can win it.

3 Likes

Lots of Valencia players out so we should be favorites. Doesn’t mean we will find a way though.

Atleti struggling with Getafe. Was up a goal and Alena lost his mind and stabbed a boot into an Atleti player. Now 1-1 with 2 minutes + stoppage left.

3 Likes

And just like that. Suarez wins it

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised

2 Likes

I hate these big 3 clubs. Who does the gods always shine on them?

4 Likes

I wish we had that same fighting spirit as Atleti have. We definitely have one - it’s just insignificant compared to the likes of the big three

2 Likes

Yeah but even when we do fight we never get the luck these big 3 teams get. We talk about our luck but it’s still not at the level of the big 3 and they get all the help from the refs too.

1 Like

Getafe red card was the killer. Without that they might have won or at least got a point.

3 Likes

I would say we have had a ton of luck lately. Salzburg missing 2 PKs, RS missing one.

4 Likes

We never get the help off the refs though. The big 3 always get the refs on there side and it’s another thing why it’s hard to make the jump to next level.

1 Like

Exactly we had the luck of getting away with shit we shouldn’t have. It’s different luck, passive uncontrollable luck. Madrid and Atletico, force it so the luck falls on their side. Proactive Luck.

4 Likes

Atleti were lucky tonight. They were useless till the stupid red card bailed them out.

1 Like

Yet we never ever get the refs on our side. To think we do pretty well when usually we get nothing off then especially against Barca and the Madrid clubs.

The penalty En-Nesyri got against Salzburg was an easy gift back from the ref. hardly contact and a pure intentional dive from youssef. Without that we wouldn’t even have been close to getting back in that game. It made him consider doing It again later, resulting in the red card.

2 Likes